1%

"Bastard!"

Min Yoongi woke with a start, gasping and sitting upright.

He blinked. He wasn't on the cold sidewalk anymore, like he had been before he lost consciousness.

His hands were still bound behind his back and that made standing up difficult, but he managed to get to his feet after a long, undignified struggle with every swear word in the book.

He turned around, inspecting his surroundings. The room looked to be a small, dimly lit store with no windows, and a large black ornate door. The shelves and walls were filled with strange oddities, weird things in jars, weapons straight out of a supernatural book and a large trunk against the back wall that kept making noises.

A fireplace was next to him, built into the wall and roaring. The fire was green. The whole room had a weird smell in the air.

"Hello?" He called. "Is anyone here?"

No answer, but the trunk suddenly moved on its own and Yoongi jumped.

"Fuck," he muttered. "I think I'd rather be in the truancy van. At least there I know what to expect."

He walked over to the closest shelf, studying the elements there.

"What is this place?" He murmured.

"Ah, you're awake."

Yoongi spun around, surprised. He hadn't heard anyone come in. "Who are you? Where am I? How did I get here? What's going on?"

The figure raised a hand, stopping him. "Calm down. You're not in any danger here."

"Who said anything about danger?" Yoongi demanded.

The figure was wearing a black cloak, and he reached up and pulled the hood down, revealing his face.

Yoongi was taken aback by his appearance.

He was...just a kid.

"What, were you expecting a demon?" The kid smirked, reading Yoongi's mind.

"Who are you?" Yoongi asked.

"Name's Jack. I work in this store." The kid offered his hand to shake, but Yoongi just eyed him.

"Oh, right. My bad. I can pick that lock for you." Jack reached into his pocket.

Yoongi backed up. "What are you pulling out? An ancient knife? A haunted lockpick? A serpents tooth?"

Jack held up a paperclip, one eyebrow raised. "Yeesh, why are you so scared?"

"I'm not scared." Yoongi scoffed. "You kidnapped me, of course I should be on my guard."

"I didn't kidnap you." Jack looked hurt. "I saved you!"

"Saved me?" Yoongi exclaimed.

"Yeah, you were running from someone, and judging by the handcuffs you were in some serious trouble, and so I brought you here because it's safe." He offered the paperclip out like a gesture of peace, and Yoongi turned his back so the kid could unlock him.

"What exactly is this place?" Yoongi asked.

"An oddities parlor." Jack picked the lock, and a few moments later the handcuffs clattered to the stone floor.

Yoongi turned back around and rubbed his wrists. He still eyed Jack suspiciously. "The fuck is an oddities parlor?"

Jack took a step back and stretched his arms out. "Exactly what it sounds like. Take a look around if you want."