10%

When he got to school, he was late.

The hallways were clear, and he made it to his locker without having to dodge and weave through the crowd like usual. Being late had its perks.

He grabbed his books for the first hour, and when he opened the door, everyone turned to stare.

He gave them all a glare back, which made the students quickly look away again.

However, the teacher still had something to say.

"Late again, Mr. Yoongi?" Ms. Campbell crossed her arms, a frown on her face.

Yoongi just took his seat, not answering.

This displeased the history teacher.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is your fifth tardy this semester for this class."

"Sorry," Yoongi mumbled, hating how people twisted in their chairs to stare again. Was this seriously the most important part of their day?

"Five tardies. We have to stop class every time you come in late. Is that fair to the other students?" She continued.

"So when I come into class and slide into my seat silently, that disrupts class, but you having this conversation doesn't?" Yoongi asked. "Why don't you just drop it and get back to the lesson?"

A few students snickered at the remark, but Ms. Campbell was definitely not amused.

"I want a five page essay about World War II on my desk by this Friday or I'll have a serious talk about your behavior to the principal." She warned, before stalking back to her desk.

"Sure, use me as an excuse to go screw her again. You should be thankful I'm late so you can 'go have a talk' with her, instead of berating me. You're welcome." Yoongi slunk down in his chair, crossing his arms in annoyance.

"Oh shit," someone called out, while others collectively "Ooooooh'ed", smirks on their faces. Class had just gotten interesting.

A girl stood up, glaring at Yoongi. "How dare you speak to a teacher that way!"

Yoongi rolled his eyes. Sarah Hansen was a total teachers pet and a fucking bitch. Nobody her own age liked her, even though she acted like she was in her thirties instead of a teenager.

"Like you said, I was speaking to her, not you. Fuck out." Yoongi said.

"You should be more respectful when talking to people who are older than you." Sarah continued.

"I'm older than you by a full year." Yoongi reminded her.

She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could, a student stood up and put his arm around Yoongi's shoulder.

"Hey, leave him alone, Sarah." Matt said. "Like he was saying, this doesn't concern you. How about we all just get back to the lesson?"

Sarah looked like she wanted to argue, but Ms. Campbell stepped in.

"Excellent idea, Matthew. If you'll all open your textbooks to page forty six, we will be having a quiz on this section this week."

As the excitement died down and students turned their attention to their own desks, Yoongi shook Matt's arm off.

But the senior wasn't done. He scooted his chair closer. "That was badass," he whispered. "I wish I had the balls to stand up to her as well."

"If you're late, she would never give you shit like she does to me." Yoongi flicked a page so hard it nearly ripped.