22%

Tuesday started with Yoongi being ambushed by his two least favorite peers as soon as he stepped foot on school grounds.

"Yoongi!" Jungkook jumped on the older boy, nearly tackling him to the ground. "I'm so glad you're here today!"

Yoongi gasped at the sudden weight, deja vu thoughts of his fights with criminals and Officer Tenerife flashing in his mind, and he instinctively grabbed ahold of Jungkook and threw the poor boy to the ground.

"Kookie!" Taehyung dropped to his friend's side. "Are you okay?"

Jungkook wheezed in response, too shocked to communicate verbally.

"You idiot," Yoongi scowled, stepping over him. "Don't sneak up on a person like that."

"That was so cool!" Taehyung scrambled to his feet and grabbed Yoongi's hand. "Teach us how to do that!"

"Fuck off." Yoongi shook him off.

Jungkook got to his feet as well, his excitement overtaking his shock. "Where did you learn that? Is that taekwondo?"

Yoongi ignored them and hurried into the school, hiding among the mass of students.

"Okay, see you later!" Taehyung called, waving.

He managed to lose them in the crowd, and breathed a sigh of relief as he slid into his seat for history.

He had no idea why they were always trying to hang out with him, he had hardly ever spoken to them before and whenever he did, it was just to tell them to fuck off or some insult or threat.

He shook his head, sighing.

Matt sat beside him. "Hey, Yoongs. You okay?"

Yoongi's heart picked up its pace as the cool, popular boy turned his attention to him.

"Hey." Yoongi nodded. "Just freshmen, so annoying."

Matt laughed. "I hear that. You're not bringing one to the party, right?"

"God no." Yoongi snorted.

Actually he had no idea who he was bringing, but he would rather go alone than bring Jungkook or Taehyung.

"Good." Matt slid his desk closer. "Hey, what are you doing tonight?"

"Nothing." Yoongi watched him.

"You should come to my game." Matt smiled.

Yoongi froze. A game? A football game? Where all the popular kids hung out?

"It's against the Falcons, our school's arch rivals." Matt was explaining, not noticing Yoongi's anxiety. "It's homecoming, so it's like the most important game of the year. Everyone's gunna be there. I hope you'll be there too."

He looked up when Yoongi didn't respond.

"But, uh, I mean, if you don't want to, I totally understand." Matt looked away, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. "I get your vibe, and I know you're not really a sporty guy, but it would be cool if you could make it. I'm sure we would win if you were there."

"Why?" Yoongi asked.

Matt smiled. "Because if I know you're watching, I would have to show off."

Yoongi snorted.

"It's right after school, it's a home game so luckily you wouldn't have to take a bus to a rival school." Matt said. "You know where the field is, right?"

Yoongi laughed out loud. "Yes."

Matt blushed. "Sorry, dumb question."

"It's fine." Yoongi grinned. "Sure."