89%

Yoongi was rudely awoken by shouting and running footsteps just outside his door.

"Twenty six year old male, shot in the abdomen, prepare an OR now!"

He rubbed his eyes. "What's going on?" He slurred. He felt he had only slept for a few minutes. It couldn't be morning already.

It took him a moment to realize Namjoon wasn't in bed with him, but standing at the doorway, looking into the hallway.

"Joon-ah?"

Namjoon turned slowly, and Yoongi was taken aback by how terrified he looked.

"What's wrong?" Yoongi asked, his heart seizing up in anticipation of a tragedy.

"I...I..."

Yoongi scrambled out of the bed and ran to him. "What is it? Where's Jimin? What's going on?"

Namjoon shook his head. "N-no, it's Seokjin. Oh God, it's Jin!"

"What?! Was he taken? God damnit, I knew they shouldn't have left!" Yoongi cursed himself.

"No...no he wasn't taken." Namjoon looked like he was about to pass out.

"Wait, what? Then what?" Yoongi was lost.

The words came like a punch to the gut.

"He was shot."

-

It was a few hours before anyone could tell them anything, but eventually Yoongi and Namjoon came to know what had happened.

Jimin had been kidnapped on their way back  to the hospital, and Seokjin was shot. The police had some questions they wanted to ask Yoongi and Namjoon.

Namjoon was crying into his hands and Yoongi felt powerless. This man was going to take his friends one by one and there was nothing he could do to stop him.

"Namjoon, listen to me." Yoongi climbed in front of him on the bed and pulled his hands away. "I know you're hurting but we have to figure out our story before the cops show up. They're going to try and pin this all on me since I have a connection to each of the victims and a reputation that works against me. And fucking feds on my back is the last thing I need."

Namjoon sniffed and rubbed his eyes. "Jin..."

"He's okay, the doctors are taking good care of him. He should be out of surgery soon." Yoongi pleaded. "Please focus, I need your help."

Namjoon sighed. "You're right. I'm here. What should we say?"

"We can still say we came over to visit you, and that Jimin and Seokjin left to get snacks." Yoongi said.

"They'll ask why I'm here in the first place. I can't get into the whole thing with Matt, so I'll say it was just food poisoning." Namjoon decided.

"That sounds good. As soon as we can, we need to talk to Jin." Yoongi nodded.

A knock at the door.

To their surprise, it was not the police, but a nurse.

"Hello," she said softly. "I know the man we just wheeled in was your friend, and I wanted to share some good news."

"Is he going to be okay?" Namjoon immediately asked.

She nodded. "He was shot, yes, but not with a bullet."

"I..." Yoongi blanked.

"Someone heard the shot and called the police. When the ambulance arrived we realized right away there was no bleeding, and when we took a closer look we saw a small needle embedded in his skin. It was pumped full of etomidate, which is a short-acting intravenous anaesthetic agent."