chapter 2

Blacknificent
/blak' nifis (ə)nt/
adjective

1. impressively dripping in black beauty, elaborately infused with melanin,extravagantly bathed in chocolate.

Ariel's pov

i go downstairs to open the door for Jay.

"okay,so who is this boy you speak about" she says putting her dreads into a ponytail not before pushing past me.

"well one, hello, and two why does it really matter, Jay i told you-" she cuts me off.

"yea,yea, he wont like you because of your BEAUTIFUL skin color, but ari, if he doesn't then hes missing out on the best person there is" she says.

"Jay i-" she cuts me off again.

"i dont want to hear it ariel, we are going over there to at least introduce ourselves, plus he's new he wont even remember us when kendall gets her claws in him so.." she says but i cut her off.

"let's enjoy it while it lasts" i finished.

"now lets go" she says as she drags me out of the house.

i dont even bother telling my mother , to be honest we never had the type of relationship where we told each other where we are going, we just leave.

as me and Jordan approach the house of where the u-haul was i started to think to myself.

*what if doesn't want to be friends. *

*what if he sees me as everyone, including my mother look at me.*

just alot of "what if's" which is triggering my anxiety.

we stop on the lawn of the house.

"oh my hi, you guys must be our neighbors, its really nice to met you" a middle aged woman who kinda looked like the boy, most likely his mom. 

"yes, hi im Jordan" Jay says as she hugs the lady.

"and i.." i say before the boy comes out if the house and we make eye contact.

he walks into the truck and gets a tv box and goes back into the house.

"i am Ariel" i say tracking the boy with my eyes.

"thats my son kevin" hmmm so thats his name i think to myself.

"and yea he is handsome but he can be a hand full" his mom says patting my shoulder and laughing

"and i love your gorgeous skin, i feel that there aint too many beautiful dark skin girls around anymore."

"thank you" i say and give her a hug also.

she whispers something in my ear "i ship you guys together" she released the hug and smiles at me.

"so do i" Jordan said smiling.

"Ms, im sorry but you son probably wont like me, im not what he wants" i say with a frown.

"well then what does he want ...?" she says with a questioning expression .

"someone lighter than me and way more prettier" i say about to cry.

she walks up to me reaches for my hands and places it in hers
"well if he doesnt then he's a idiot, you're beautiful and if nobody can see that then forget them, think about people who cares about you, and once you do then nothing else will matter." she says looking in my eyes.

what a wise woman she is.

a/n: ❤️❤️❤️