chapter 6

"BLACK IS BEAUTIFUL ,
GOD KNEW WHAT HE WAS DOING." ❤️

Ariel's pov

i wasn't in the mood at this point, the whole confrontation with my mom just sent me over the edge, i wish i could tell kevin what happened but i really can't, he wouldn't understand.

"I want to make you smile, and if this is the only way then so be it" he said as he opened the front door to dunkin donuts.

the scent of the vanilla bean, mixed with coffee and donuts plus the smell of bacon made me smile.

so thats what i did, i smiled.

"there's that beautiful smile i've been waiting for".

there it is again, that word.

"kevin, you're so..." damn cute.

"dramatic" i say giggling at his effort to make me smile...

"your smile is the best, and me complementing it makes me dramatic ?" he says walking up to the line.

"hi,how may i take your order" the lady at the cashier said as she looked at kevin and me.

"i want a chocolate donut and what ever she wants" kevin says point to me.

"oh kev you don't-" i started.

"but i want to" he says and gives me a smile.

i look back at the lady and say.

"a vanilla bean coolatta, and 6 chocolate munchkins" i say.

"you sure" kevin says looking at me before handing over the money to the lady.

"y-yea".

after he pays not before the lady says.

"your very beautiful i love your hair" she says in awe.

"thank you" i say not really believe any pity she gives me.

"you guys are a cute couple" she says

"miss we-" i started

"thanks" kevin said and looks at me and smiles

what ?!

we get out food and head out.

"now where are we going ?" i say sipping my drink.

"to sit down and eat" we stop in front of a bench thats near a park.

"now, will you tell me why you were so upset ?" he asked as he took out his donut.

"do i have to ?" i said.

"i mean no you don't, but that would help me alot if i knew why my friend was mad".

friend.

damn that stung.

"okay, even tho i just met you, i know that Jordan is tired of hearing the same shit all the time, i feel like i really have to vent" i said.

"so....let loose".

am i really about to tell him about my biggest insecurity ?

"im insecure about myself and not just anything i mean mostly my skin" i say.

"my mom, is supposed to be there for me, not judge me like the kids at school and whatever, but instead its like im getting bullied and hurt in my own home because of my skin color, we honestly don't talk to each other so its like im taking care of myself" i say look at him.

kevin looks at me with pity.

"and dont give me that look kevin, i mean im used to it,like my ow ln mom not wanting me to be her daughter because of my skin complexion" i say about to cry.

"im sorry i dont mean to-" he says coming closer to me.

"you're beautiful, you might not believe it but trust me mamas you are truly beautiful, in every way possible" he says coming even closer to me.

"i hate when people call me that...its like they are just saying that just to say it." i say looking down

he picks up my face by my chin and looks me in my eyes "well, im serious, im not lying."

"kev i-" i say before i get cut off.

"shhh" he says in a whisper tone.

he kisses me. 

oh my goodness

a/n: ❤️✨