chapter 5

"Don't change so people will like you. BE YOURSELF and the right people will love the REAL YOU."

a/n: live by this quote
because not everyone will like you and if they don't, then forget them, dont feel sorry for yourself because someone is missing out on the best opportunity to be friends with you and get to know the real you.

Ariel's pov

the day finally ended and its time to hang out with kevin.

i change out of the clothes i was wearing into something simple like a black plain long sleeve shirt and navy dark blue ripped jeans.

at least i look decent for once.

the door bell rings.

"im coming" i say to my self grabbing my phone off the bed.

"where are you going" my mom asked.

"why should it matter to you you basically ignored me my whole life, so why should you care ?" i say as i search for my keys.

my mother was always a alcoholic but it became worst when dad died and my brother left.

"i was just-" i cut her off.

"what ? wondering ? is that what you was gonna say ?"

"because i wonder alot of things, like why am i taller than most of the girls on my school or why dont i have smaller lips, or why am i so damn skinny ?" i say standing eye to eye with her.

"and then there's the questions i ALWAYS ask myself... like WHY AM I DARK AS CHARCOAL till the point where people look at me in disgust and dont even want to be around me".

"or why doesn't my OWN MOTHER look at me, why does she look at me like im not what she wanted and looks at me like im a danger or a disgrace to her" i say starting to cry.

"it's crazy how NOW after so many years you finally want to ask where im going, when before you didnt want nothing to do with me"

i scoff

"so NEVE-R" my voice starts cracking till the point where you can hear the cries about to come out.

i hold them back and calm my self down... "never wonder where im going if you never gave two shits about me in the first place"

"honestly, you carried me, but never cared for me like a mother should do to her daughter."

"you're not my mother." i say and i walk passed her and tears rolled down my face.

why would she now care, probably cause she's felt bad for the last 18 years of hell she's put me through, well she's should've thought about that earlier.

i walk down the stairs to the front door.

"hey ar-" i brush pass kevin and to the side walk.

he runs up to me.

kevin's pov

i can't stand to see her look so hurt. 

she's way too damn beautiful to be crying and looking sad.

"what's wrong.. only if you want to talk about it" i say looking at her as her kinky hair falls passed her shoulders and covers her eyes but i know she's been

"ariel ?"

she ignores me.

"okay, i understand you dont wanna talk, but our day can't end quickly because you are upset, im gonna make you happy" i say.

i know one place that will make anybody feel good.

"i know you won't talk but follow me, if you trust me".

she still doesnt look at me.

i stop and pull her arm, not too hard so that ill hurt her.

"look mamas i know you hurting but i need you to respond to me so that i know its okay that we can move forward." i say placing my hand on her pretty clear chocolate face and rub my thumb across her tears that have been running done her cheeks.

"so can you blink twice for yes and once for no at least ?" she looks at me and blinks twice.

"OKAY !!! see now we're getting some where" i say smiling and then i see a slight smile across her face.

"where are we going ?" i hear her crackled voice say.

damn i just want to know who hurt her so i can make the pain escape from her soul.

"we're going to DD my favorite spot where i go to chill out, but also to eat some good food".

"but isnt that just a breakfast place" she says.

"yea, but who says breakfast has to be only in the morning ?" i say smiling.

"you're right" she says.

and we head to Dunkin Donuts.

a/n: we all have insecurities but that's because nobody is perfect and when i say nobody i mean NOBODY is perfect except for god himself.