chapter 4

"yet, black is beautiful. my melanin is poppin'. even if you know this to be true, it's great to be reminded every now and then."

Ariel's pov

i duck to avoid being in front of the window, and duck behind it.

"you know i seen you already right ?" kevin says chuckling

lord please make him go away im not ready to talk to him or him to look at me right now.

"what do you want ?" i say still ducking behind the sill of my window.

"to talk to you, im tryna make friends because im new, and don't know anyone."

"but why me, out of every door you went to and son or daughter you seen you came here, at my windo- how did you even find my window ?"

"woah,you're asking way too much question ma, just let me in."he says

"its 8:43, and you're telling me to let you in my house, um i dont think so, but ill see you tomorrow at school."

then i hear foot steps move away from the window.

thank god.

i close the curtain and head to bed.

ugh what a damn day.

- The next morning at school -

"WAIT, so you're telling me, kevin came to your house to talk to you and YOU AVOIDED HIM !!" Jordan screamed through the halls of the school.

"shhhhhhhhh" i tell her.

"and yea, i honestly didn't exactly know what to say or how he would look at me, im UGLY Jay." i say putting one headphone in my ear.

"Ari, for the last time you are NOT and never will be NO where near that word so shut up and go take your 5'8ft ass over there and talk to him" she says pushing me over in his direction.

we stand right in front of his locker with him putting his stuff in.

"so i see you are not hiding from me now" he says closing his locker and looking at me.

he looks at me up and down.

"y-yea about that, im sorry, i just don't talk to people like that." i say nervously.

"yeah i could see that" he says looking at jordan.

"hi,im her bestfriend Jordan, you must be kevin ?" she questioned walking closer to him

he nods

"if i see that you hurt her or ANYTHING....im ending ya life." Jay says

"yall have fun" she says walking away.

"im so sorry for her i don't know what that was" i say.

he chuckles "its cool ma, i understand."

"so um i was wondering if you would want to hang out later on and go somewhere" he says leaning against the locker.

"o-of course, but thats if i dont have anything to do later" i say.

"thats okay, im sure you won't have to do anything later" he says.

"what's that supposed to mean ?" i asked in offense.

"you'll make time for me"he yelled smiling walking away backwards.

"and how would you know that ?" i yelled back and smiled.

"i just do, beautiful" he said and winked.

"I'M NOT-" i said before he walked around the corner.

he called me beautiful...am i really or is he just saying that ?

i sighed and walked in the opposite direction to my class.

a/n: your are beautiful no matter what no one says 💜.