𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

✰

By the age of eleven, Finn's acting career was already in full swing. He filmed a tv show called stranger things that year, and on top of that he had a main role in the new it movie that would film the next year, but he was still a regular kid.

For him and Sky, it was as if the two grew closer and closer by the day. They would watch movies together basically constantly and had sleepovers all the time. Even on school nights. They played video games and listened to music together every single day and still remained best friends, but the shadow of Finn going to leave for a while hung over their heads in fifth grade. The duo had been together every day at school and all of their free time for the past six years, and him not being there was gonna be really weird for Sky.

She knew big things were coming, and Finn had her full support. Even while he was filming his show, she would always text and facetime him during the day on their dinky iPhone 5C's. Every single break from filming when Finn had the opportunity to fly home, he was with Sky and his family. Because she basically is family to him, even from such a young age he knew that.

Another shadow that hung over their heads around that age was the dreaded approaching threat of "growing up". Neither Finn Wolfhard nor Sky McCloud wanted anything to do with getting any older. They had heard it all from Nick. Sky would cringe at the thought of becoming a teenager. Having your body change and then starting to date... neither of those appealed to her, Finn was the same way. He already had enough change going on, being that he was now an actor.

They talked about that for an entire night during a sleepover. It was the day before Finn had to fly to Atlanta for his show. Sky had the genius idea of pitching a tent in the Wolfhard's backyard. She and Finn sat in their tent with piles of pillows and blankets, both holding flashlights, snacks littering their surroundings.

"Sky, please don't change while I'm away."

"I would never, I promise." Finn smiled. "You better not change either, once you're a big star and all that," she told him.

"I could never."

"Do you promise?"

"I promise," Finn said as he outstretched his pinky. Sky smirked as she reached over and linked hers with his, both of them firmly gripping each other's pinkies and shaking before sharing a nod.

"Who am I gonna hang out with while you're gone?" she asked him.

"You could facetime me," he offered.

"Yeah, it's not gonna be the same though," she sighed.

"I know. But, hopefully it will all be worth it," he said.

"It will be, just have fun. Enjoy it, Finn, really."

"I'm sure I will."

"Don't work too hard."

"I'll try not to," he smiled.

.        ✵ · ✵ · ·    · ✺       · *     .       ✹ +         .     + . ⋆