𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺

·     +  ˚ ·      ˚      ˚    ·     

·    + ˚ ·    ˚      ˚ ·     .      . * .   .      . * .    ⋆ * · ✹    .· .

"Finn," I said, closing my laptop.

"Yeah," he responded, not looking away from the script he was currently editing.

"You turn thirty in six months."

My husband sighed. "Don't remind me."

"Is there anything special you want to do for your birthday? Like a trip or something?"

"I dunno, it's a big one. I'm finally gonna be a real adult."

"That's true."

He gazes off into space for a few moments. "When are we gonna have kids?" he asks, out of nowhere.

I pause for a moment. My whole body freezes, not knowing how to react. Sure, we've mentioned it, but he seems really serious. "That's kind of sudden."

"I know, but I've been thinking about it a lot recently."

"Well," I tell him, "We've wanted to have 2 kids for the past decade. And you've always said you wanted kids in your thirties. And that's really soon."

"I think we're ready. I mean, this house still feels too big. We don't really need three guest bedrooms."

One of our dogs brushes up against my leg and I look down. I kneel down and scratch her between the ears. "You like the sound of that, Rosie? Having a little sister or brother to play with?"

"Oh my god, she would be so good with babies," Finn says.

"I'm gonna have to be pregnant though. For nine whole months," I say, sighing.

"And I'll be there for you every second of it," he says, approaching me and adjusting my hair, which is currently dyed blue. I'm almost in my thirties and still doing the weird colors.

"And we want two kids, so that means I have to do it twice."

"Unless we have twins," Finn adds, "Which would be way more painful." My face scrunches up at the idea of it, making Finn laugh a little. I pick my head back up and look Finn in the eye.

"I can't wait," I say, a smile filling up my cheeks.

"Neither can I," he says back. He leans in and our lips meet. The kiss is the most meaningful one I've felt in a while, overflowing both of us with joy and anticipation. It's a reminder to us of how far we'd made it in life together, and how much farther we're going to go.