𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

· ✧ + .     . · . . · . ˚   *   ✺      ⋆   ˚ . .     *    * ✵ ✺ ✦

Through our early teen years, I didn't spend as much time with Finn as I usually do. His schedule was packed with filming and award shows and press tours, which meant he would only be home every few weeks. Each time I saw him, he looked a year older. Finn's fast glow up made our friendship easier when he had finally "caught up" to me. 

I know it sounds bad, but it was kind of weird to the same height as my best guy friend for the first thirteen years of my life. I was an early bloomer so I stopped growing at the age of fourteen, plateauing at the miniature height of 5'2. By fourteen, Finn was finally taller than me for the first time in our lives rather than the same height, and he was finally kind of hot, which I would always annoy him about. 

"Finn, I can't believe you're a teen heartthrob. Any girl would be lucky to have to honor of playing Eleven on stranger things just so she can kiss you. I know my ovaries would just explode if I could touch your majestic black curls and perfect freckled skin. PLEASE DATE ME FINN I LOVE YOU COME TO BRASIL SO WE CAN GET MARRIED"

"Shut up, Sky," he nudged me through his laughter.

"Come on, it's funny."

"Hilarious."

But with his new fame brought some cool new opportunities that he would let me be a part of sometimes. This one time, him and his friend Josh wrote a music video for this band called Spendtime Palace. Finn asked me to come down to LA with him to film the video since he needed a girl to play the love interest. 

When he told me there was a kiss in the video, I was a little nervous. Sure, I had kissed him a couple of times before, but nothing more than a peck on the lips in kindergarten and a dare during a night with the cast of It the summer before. The video actually went really well, and kiss really wasn't that awkward, I actually kinda liked it. His fans loved it, which made them love me more.

Another hint that made the dating rumors begin was our new band. Finn had been a part of a charity event that year where he needed to put a band together to perform, which birthed Calpurnia. Our four-person band was lead by Finn and included Malcolm as our drummer, Jack on bass, and myself on guitar. My best female friend Ayla is an amazing guitarist, so she helped me get really good in my young teen years. Turns out, we made a good group, so we were now an official band.

Fans knew that we were best friends, but began conspiring that we were dating around July that summer when the music video got released and there were clips of us cuddling in the makeup trailer and running around holding hands in the music video behind the scenes. They did make us look kind of romantic, but it was nothing more than our usual friendship. The more I looked into his fan accounts, the more I began to question my relationship with Finn. 

Of course, Finn and I talked about it. We had both commented on Instagram posts that we weren't dating, but fans ignored us and proceeded to make ship accounts and fanfictions about us.

So that takes us to July of 2017, up in the streaming room at the Wolfhard residence. I was a recurring guest in Nick and Finn's twitch streams since I was always around.

Finn was reading comments from the viewers. He squinted as he read, "is Sky your relative or friend or girlfriend? She's none of those, she's my best friend."