11

"Eds is not a fag. And I'm not that type of guy. So yeah, not inerested Kat. Bye."- Richie walked away taking Eddie's hand as he did so.

"W-why didn't you go with her?"

"I'm not making out with a random chick who I have zero feelings for. Plus, I could see she upset you and you're my friend, so, not gonna happen"

Eddie smiled at Richie, amazed. How could he not have feelings for him? He couldn't even look at him without wanting to kiss him which was indeed what Eddie wanted to do right now.

Instead he said:

"Thanks Rich. You're a great friend."

Richie had not asked him anything about being gay and that was a relief because not even Eddie was sure about what he was.

"GUYS! HERE! Stay next to us!"- Stanley yelled.

"B-Ben and B-Bev are over t-there"- Bill said really sad about it.

"Sorry bud. But hey you'll get over it! Stan the man here will help you"

Stan nodded, Bill smiled and the four boys got to work. When finished, they had lunch and got ready for some weird activity the teacher had planned for the day.

"So, for this afternoon, I'm gonna need you to do a peddy-paper. You'll do  it in pairs which I'll choose this time. So... Anna and Kristoff, Eddie and Stan, Barbara and Beverly, Bill and Richie..."- and the list went on.

Stan and Eddie were ready to win. They were clever but... not faster. Eddie had asthma and Stan, well, Stan was not really a sports guy. Though they started the race and were indeed the first ones to finish it so they ended up having to wait for the others.

"Eddie, how are you holding up?"- Stan asked, as they sat down.

"Pretty good now that I'm away from my mother..."

"Oh right.. she locked you again. Richie told me."

"What, how did Richie know?"

"He had a not so pleasant talk with your mother...."

"Shit!"- Eddie panicked-"I-he... what if she forbids me of seeing him again?!"- Eddie was close to an asthma attack.

"Eddie breathe. He's fine. Richie's fine. You'll still see him."

"I-' can't lose him Stan..."

Stan eyes widened.

"Are you feeling something for Richie, Eddie?"

"No. Ew. Gross. Not gay"- Eddie lied.

"It's ok if you are, you know? I might actually understand it"

"How?"

"I-I'm in love with a guy.."- he blushed

"It's not fair if you're not telling me who"

"Fine... Bill"

"Oh my god Stan, that's amazing!"

"You think?"

"Yeah of course man! You two would be so great together."

"So would you and Richie"-Stan looked at Eddie-"You can't lie to me. You should just tell him."

But telling Richie was not an option. At least, not in that moment as he watched Richie arrive with a girl and laughing.

"Oh hey guys, this is Eleanor!"

"Hi how are you?"- she said with a warm smile.-"Richie, by the way, do you want to sit up next to me by the fire tonight?"

"Of course! I'll meet you there."-Richie said as she kissed him in the cheek and left.

Eddie was angry. Jealous. And he surely didn't know how to react. Stan noticed this and tried to push Richie away.

"Hey Richie, they're giving free hotdogs LOOK!"

"I'm not hungry, really"-Richie said and sat next to Eddie.

"SHIT"- Stan thought.

"Eddie is everything okay?"- Richie noticed how quiet the boy was- "Eds?"

Eddie couldn't hold it anymore so he started crying and ran away. Stan got up at the same time as Richie and told him:

"Please, let me go. Its for the best."

"What the fuck Stan?"

"RICHIE, JUST. STAY."

Were his friends abbandoning him, Richie tought. Of course they were. The time had come. Their friendship clearly had an expiration date. So Richie started crying in his tent, totally forgetting about Eleanor and wishing to be the one comforting Eddie.

---------------

UWU ur girl just updated!

This chapter is dedicated to Paulina, @elmaxsoft on instagram eheh, i love you so much and i think I'll start dedicating my chapters to you guys!

LOVE YOU ENDLESSLY

MARIA @seriestedtalk on instagram