13

It was 7am when Richie, Eddie and the rest of the camp woke up for a new activity. This time, they had to go on a boat trip and write an essay  on how the nature made them feel.

Eddie left the tent, not saying a word to Richie and went to talk to Stan.

"Something happened."- Eddie said.

"What?"

"I.. uh... I hugged him while he was asleep."

Stan chocked in his drink.

"YOU WHAT? I wish I was that brave, wow Eds"

"We had a fight. Ended up like this"

Stan put his arm around him and said:

"About the girl?"

"No."

And then, Eddie saw her. No Richie around her. In fact he didn't even spot Richie anywhere so he started looking for him.

"Richie? What are you doing here?"- Bev said when she found Richie in the middle of the woods alone.

"I could ask you the same thing, redhead."

"I was just... thinking. About Ben"-she smiled. Richie felt sad knowing Bill had feelings for her, but he said.

"How does it feel?"

"What?"

"Being in love, I guess."

"Oh it's just... amazing. And sometimess the worst thing ever. It's like a rollercoaster of feelings, you know? You want to be with them all the time, they  won't leave your mind and you got hurt when they're hurt. Because they mean THAT much to you. If I ever hurted Ben, I would probably feel miserable with myself."

"I-I'm feeling like that..."-Bev widened her eyes-"miserable."

"Oh. For a second I thought Trashmouth was capable of love"-Bev joked.

But Richie started overthinking. Was he capable of love? Did he feel something for Eleanor? If yes, why did he avoid kissing her? Why did it feel so wrong? Why was Eddie angry at him? Why was Richie so affected by it? Could he... love someone? Did he love someone?

"Bev? How do you know you like someone?"

Bev smirked.

"You like someone when they're basicly your world. You want nothing but happiness for them even if you can't feel that happiness. Why Rich? Is someone on your mind?"

"I don't think I feel it."

"Oh."- Bev looked away. She always thought Richie liked Eddie and was 100% sure the feeling was reciprocated.

"I don't think I feel it for Eleanor."- Bev looked up again-" I don't love her."

"You know Richie... if you do love someone other than Eleanor, don't run away from it. Just face it."

They went to the boat and Eddie was missing, probably still looking for Richie. So, they waited and 20 minutes later Eddie appeared worried:

"HE'S MISSING I'VE SEARCHED EVERYWHERE!"

"Who? Richie's right here Eddie"- Stan said.

"Oh"- the boy sighted.

It was so calm, being there, just watching the nature around them. The Losers felt like nothing could ruin that moment. Except for Henry Bowers and his amazing skill to make someone's life a living hell.

"Hey Losers, wanna have some fun swimming?"-Henry smirked mostly at Eddie-"I bet the fag one will be the first one to drawn"

Henry walked towards Eddie and Richie felt anger consuming him.