19

"Hey Richie?"- Will asked

"Yes?"

"About you.. you know... liking boys... how did you found out?"

"Well. Eddie happened. That cute son of a bitch showed up in my life and now I'm hooked, Willy Wonka."

"I might like someone too... a boy."- Will said shily.-"But he would never reciprocate.."

"Will-that-actually-rhymes-with-Bill , hear me out. Never say never. Sometimes strange things happen, you know? When you're not expecting them."

"No Richie.. I'm in love with my "sister's" boyfriend, how could THAT ever happen?"

"Holy shit Will, with my dopplegganger? Now I can't help not to think you might feel attracted to me"

"Richie, chill. You're not Mike. Eddie might falll for that but I... I like my best friend. That I know since kindergarden... That said he would go "crazy together" with me.. and now he's with El. He loves her, not me."

"You know something Will? It's his loss really. But to be honest you're leaving this place in less than a week and move to a shit hole named Derry. Maybe you'll meet someone there."

"Yeah... maybe. Thanks Richie."

They had been so distracted talking that they didn't even notice they had passed their house. So they went back and finally arrived.

"MOM! WE'RE HOME!"- this began to sound usual, Richie thought.

"Richie! Did you enjoy your day?"- Joyce asked and she really cared, you could notice.

"I did, Miss Byers"

"It's Joyce, honey. Look there was something in the mailbox for you. Here, take it."

It was it. It was Eddie's letter. Richie mumbled "Thank you" and ran to his room, locking himself in there and smiling. Eddie had not forgotten him. Of course he didn't.

Richie slowly opened the letter and started reading it, while his heart started beating faster.

"Hey Rich. It's been two hours since you're gone and I'm already missing you. Derry feels so empty without you here. Yes, Richie, I know your dirty mind. I know you are thinking of ways to "fill" my emptiness, but I'm trying to be cute. Deal with that asshole. I spent the day with Stan and Bill. I felt like a third wheel. I mean, finally those two are admitting their feelings for each other, it was about time, but it just made me miss you more. 

Bev wants to reschedule movie night for when you get back. I really want you back. Richie Tozier, I fucking miss you. I'm so cheesy, I know but I do. I was getting used to sleep by your side and cuddle... Now my bed feels so cold. Everything's so cold now. Yes, Richie, I know it's Winter and its supposed to be cold.

You might be wondering why I'm answering my own questions. It's because I know you, I know you're judging me mentally so I need to get back at you. That's how we work. And I never want to stop working like that with you. Come back soon,

Love, Eds. 

PS: Don't get used to it."

Richie fell to his bed, smiling. Everything wasn't so bad after all. Maybe he could get through this. Maybe he could give this family a chance. Maybe he could be happy after everything that broke him. But for that, he needed Eddie. He needed that small guy who he could annoy endlessly and then kiss, knowing he would never leave him. And so, Richie slept in peace for the first time in a while.

------

"WILL! No, me and Mike are supposed to hang out today at the mall!- El screamed.

"Why don't you just invite Max, El? I really need Mike right now, since you get my bestfriend all for you 24/7!"