Chapter 17

Harry couldn't be happier. After Tom had put him down, he had invited Tom into his mind to show him exactly what had transpired in the Ministry earlier that day. By the end of it, Harry was shaking like a leaf. But he had insisted he felt lighter, that he felt less ashamed after seeing other people being outraged-not at him, but for him.

Tom had asked him if he wanted to have a meeting with the death eaters tonight or the next. Harry just wanted to get their ideas in motion sooner rather than later and since he had taken a nap earlier in the day, he didn't think he would be too tired by the time the meeting would start.

Somehow he felt more powerful in his robes now. The crimson fabric enveloped him like an old friend as he marched in after Tom. It was only when they sat down that the meeting commenced.

Many ideas were thrown around, but Tom concluded that the best route of action was to cause as much distrust in what Dumbledore was doing before this turn of events as possible before they speak out. Lucius, on the other hand, had different ideas.

"But, My Lord, I'm sure that if we were to jump in now then things would pan out for us. Others might try to take Dumbledore's place if we don't strike while the iron is hot." Tom had just opened his mouth when Harry spoke up. He was quite proud of himself when his voice came out strong and didn't waiver.

"Lucius. Dumbledore was just sentenced to the Dementor's Kiss for allowing Harry Potter to be raped by his family. Not once. Not twice. But many times in a week, every week he stayed with them. No one will want to try to take his place, he has soiled the purpose of his little group by allowing the boy to be taken advantage of for so long just for the sole use of having a weapon that would be pliable to his wishes! Think for a moment! If we try to advance our beliefs, then what will we look like? We will look like we are taking advantage of a situation where a magical child was raped his entire life! Say it were Draco in this scenario. Would you think someone coming in with new beliefs to play off of Dumbledore's downfall because of Draco being raped-even just once-would have good intentions for the rest of us?" Lucius's mouth hung open.

"N-no, My Lord. I suppose not. I didn't see it that way."

"No, you did not. How can you expect to play upon the emotions of others when you yourself cannot fathom what others will be feeling?" He turned to Tom and calmed himself. "Exactly when do you think we should strike, My Lord?" Desire dripped from his voice at Tom's title. Mostly it was to imply to their followers that they had better things to do, but there was a part of him that genuinely wanted to see how Tom would react. Since the realization dawned on him that he was well and truly free of Dumbledore and the Dursleys, he felt incredibly bold. Even his dinner had been a bold choice-curry with extra spices. And right now he was incredibly happy that he got to see Tom's eyes widen in surprise at his brazen attitude.

"When the public demands change. We will have to wait for the Ministry to finish with their investigations into Hogwarts. It is highly likely that the masses will demand a reform of the rules and regulations involving the school and students who live with muggles while they are away from school. This will, in turn, will cause a lot of questions to surface regarding current ministry officials and the laws that are in place. Which is where my lovely followers will come into play. Those of you who have made names for yourselves in the ministry will have to be playing the lines carefully. You will have to push for change as soon as new information surfaces. But legally. Go to your heads of departments demanding certain laws be reformed to help prevent this from ever arising again. The proper way. No bribes. No threats. Bring up reform in meetings with as many higher-ups as you can. The public will likely want change but not know how to achieve that. This is when you, Lucius, will go to the papers. Report that things are slow moving with certain...roadblocks that do not wish to move. Plant the seed that the ones with power don't want to change how things are done. Give them a general idea of why certain laws are outdated and that they need updating. Then the public will want new faces in offices to speed things up, to see change faster. I no longer wish for moles in the ministry. I wish for officials. You're dismissed."