Chapter 30

The Truth About You-Know-Who's Death

Harry Potter, age 15, has finally agreed to open up to us about the events taking place on July 20th. On the date in question, Harry and friends were walking down the street in Diagon Alley when three death eaters appeared and kidnapped them. When asked where he was taken, Harry's only response was "I don't know where they took us. All I could focus on was Voldemort."

Here's what he had to say:

"We landed in a field. Not sure where. We didn't wait for him to start talking. I took him on while Hermione (Granger) and Ron (Weasley) started battling death eaters to keep them off of me. All I remember from then on was a flash of green light and he fell. It seemed like everyone forgot what they were doing-just waiting to see if he would get back up. He didn't and we apparated back to Diagon Alley before his followers could register what had happened.

"I don't remember anything after that point. I've been at home processing my emotions on what happened. In the end of it all, I killed a man. A deranged man with a horrendous moral code, but a man just the same. I had to address that with myself before I could come out with what happened to the public."

When asked about his love life, Harry simply had this to say:

"I've had an amazing man by my side for awhile now. His identity shall remain anonymous until the ceremony that the Ministry of Magic has requested of me in a few days."

Harry closed the newspaper and finished off his morning tea. He didn't need to read the rest of the article. It was just a bunch of information about the celebration he was going to be going to at the ministry tonight. He sighed and stretched before going to put on the outfit that Frederick had whipped up for him. Apparently, Tom got a matching one as well.

It was absolute black with small strands of sparkling red catching the light every now and again. The inside was lined with blood red silk. Fetching, but professional. He donned his clothing and knocked on Tom's door. His breath caught at how handsome his partner looked.

He had already put in coloured contacts and now had vivid purple eyes.

"What's with purple? I thought you were going with blue, like how you had before your eyes turned red."

"Yes, well. Apparently blue contacts over red eyes makes them look purple. But I've looked into it. There's a very small percentage of people that have violet eyes such as this naturally."

"You look amazing, by the way. If we didn't have to leave, we'd both be undressed already." They left and arrived to the ministry. They entered through the employee entrance as requested and were led up to a stage curtain. Harry could hear the minister's voice booming through the atrium on the other side of the heavy fabric.

"And now, for continued acts of incredible bravery and for saving the Wizarding World once more; I now present one Harry James Potter with the Order of Merlin; First Class!" Cheers rose to incredible heights and rose higher still when Harry was pushed through the curtain. He inhaled and smiled at the crowd before walking to the minister. He accepted the medal and the minister pulled him in to talk to him without the magnifying spell catching his voice.

"Would you mind giving a few words Mr. Potter?"

Harry nodded. "Of course, Lucius." The shrewd look the blond gave him told him that it wouldn't take long for him to figure out who he really was. Putting that information aside for later, he turned to the crowd.

"Thank you. I'd like to say a few words, if you'll allow me." The crowd was swept with silence. "First and foremost, I'd like to thank my father Severus Snape. For without his assistance, I would have been dead many years ago. I'd also like to thank the Weasleys. Without them, I wouldn't know the true meaning of family. And thank you to Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger; without them helping me every step of the way I would have been killed long ago...and I'd also like to thank one more person. I would like to thank Tom." He gestured to Tom who was standing on the stage and hadn't been noticed before now. "Without him, I would not be able to accept a hug. I wouldn't be standing here today, confident in the person I am. I wouldn't have had the determination or ability to kill Voldemort without him." As he spoke, Tom stepped nearer to him until they were face to face. "Thank you, for always being everything I need." Tom's fingertips grazed his cheek as he was pulled in for a kiss.