Not So Perfect Sister Pt.2- Sirius Black x Potter!Reader

You felt the light buzz of alcohol in your chest. You could hear crickets chirping quietly, the dull thud of your head following their rhythm. You took in a deep breath, letting it out, its steamy fog disappearing into the cool night air. You licked your lips, they tasted of vodka and blood. Your heart hammered in you chest uncomfortably. You wanted to turn and run. You would much rather fly than fight.
You then felt a warm grip fall around your hand. Its heat flowing up your arm and spreading through your body like water slowly trickling through a stream bed.
You turned and locked your gaze into the stormy skies you considered more of a home than the one you stood in front of. You watched as Sirius' eyes dragged slowly over you.
You were bathed in the yellow light, making your bloodshot y/e/c eyes shine, their rims red and puffy. Your lip was split open, still raw and brilliantly red. Your hands were bloodied, pebbles still lodged painfully beneath your y/s/c skin. Your left cheek was red turning purple, the palm of a hand struck there in anger. Your y/h/c hair was knotted and windblown, stained wet from tears and sweat. Your clothes wrinkled, the occasional smear of blood or dirt dotting your green t-shirt. A leather jacket that didn't belong to your draped over you. Your feet were bare besides a baby blue ankle sock on your left foot a purple one on your right, both were soaking wet, midnight dew soaking through their thin fabric.
Yet you stood tall, your eyes turning back to the prison you called home, they narrowed with determination, darkened with rage. Your lips drew into a thin line, jaw tightening. Sirius sympathized for who ever you decided to lock eyes with next, you looked simply dangerous.
He felt your hand tightened once more around his, the scratches pressing firmly into his palm. When you dropped it, he could still feel the warmth of blood linger there.
He watched you climb the porch steps. Your actions weren't hesitant or careful. Instead they were firm and confident. You knew what you were doing and you weren't afraid. Not anymore. Each step you took left behind a wet footprint, staining the wood of the porch dark.
You didn't hesitate at the door, not even for a second. You ignored every single thing in your body telling you to turn around and run back into the musky scent of alcohol and smoke. You needed to do this alone. No one could fix this but you.
When you opened the door you were washed with a wave of warmth, the scent of a dinner you never ate still lingering in the air. You walked through the mudroom and into the living room.
You were met with four pairs of eyes, each seeming to show a different emotion. Guilt flashed through all of them as they looked you over but only in one pair did it stay. The other three were replaced by anger, disappointment and fear.
"Oh Merlin y/n." James gushed rushing towards you, one of his shameful eyes darkened to a bruised purple.
You involuntarily flinched away from him, giving him a full view of the darkening red mark he left behind from your last meeting.
He stopped dead in his tracks his eyes brimming with tears, "Oh my god." His voice was choked and broken. "I did that?" Tears slowly dripped from his eyes sliding smoothly down his cheeks.
Only then did you see your parents eyes falter. They faded into sadness when they looked upon James.
How could they? How could they feel sorry for him? When you stood broken before them? They grew angry but James gets upset because HE hit YOU and they felt sorry for him?
"Yeah, yeah you did." You spat at your brother before pushing past him to stand in front of your parents whom to your disgust, almost looked bored. As if they were watching some unentertaining movie.
You waited for a second, eyes flicking back and forth between the two adults seated on the couch. You wanted them to say something. Anything. Asking if you were okay or what happened to you. Even some half assed apology. But they stayed silent, relaxed. As if they were waiting for you to bore them with some meaningless lecture.
"Do you even care?" You asked your voice broken and disgusted.
The room fell deathly silent. Your father opened his mouth but you cut him off.
"You know what don't answer. I'll do it for you." Your eyes pricked with tears wanting to spring from your eyes. "No. No you don't."
"Of course we do." Your mother spoke harshly, "Don't you dare disrespect us. We have taken care of you your whole life you have no right."
"Ok mom." You chucked, "If you care so much and you have done so much for me, can you tell me what position I play in quidditch?"
Both of your parents went silent.
"The postion I've been playing since second fuckung year." You glowered at them.
They glance at each other expecting the other to answer.
"What about James."
Silence.
"You know his right?"
Nothing.
"Oh right of course you do. Because his fucking point scored per game is ON THE REFRIGERATOR!" you could feel the hot tears seep down your face.
"I'm a keeper by the way." You spat. "You've watched me save hundreds of goals. You've watched me block James shots for Godric's sake!"
Your mother looked down at her hands. You father at the wall.
"But you don't see your daughter do you? You don't see me saving those goals. You just see another green uniform getting in the way of your precious little boys game."
"Y/n, we're sorry we don't cheer for you, it's just easier for us to cheer for the house we were apart of." You father explained as if it was obvious.
"I'm sure it's so much easier for you to boo your daughter right. So easy to brush her off because of the color she's wearing." You wiped furiously at your tears.
"This is a lot of fuss over a few quidditch games " you mother scoffed.
"You think this is just quidditch games?" You seethed.
You watched as she shrunk away from you, "You don't know a damn thing about me!"
Once again your father opened his mouth to speak.
"You don't!" You fired at him before he could even ask the question. "You don't know who my friends are, you don't know the name of my owl, you don't know my ex-boyfriends name. You-"
"You had a boyfriend?"
You rubbed your eyes, pinching the bridge of your nose. "We dated for a year and a half. "
You watched your parents cringe.
"I bet you can't even tell me my favorite color." You scoffed.
"That's easy, green" your father stated triumphantly.
"I wish you were kidding." You muttered.
They cringed again.
"Its y/f/c. It's been y/f/c since I was seven years old."
"Y/n I'm sorry we don't pay attention to a few things in your life. We are very busy." Your father argued.
"You know all of that shit about James." You snapped.
You turned so that you were facing both your parents and James whose eyes were now red rimmed and glassy.
"I have a question for all of you."
James snapped his attention to you. Lily who sat next to him, her arm wrapped him looked at you with pity, making you want to slap her so much more.
"Do you know what happened to me in third year?"
James shook his head solemnly. Your parents looking anywhere but you.
"When I was in third year I was felt up by a sixth year." James looked like you just slapped him. "He thought that because I was wearing a crop top he could stick his hand up my shirt and pin me up against a wall."
The room was dead silent. Sirius who had been standing in the corner of the room went pale. James began to sob again. Lily's mouth dropped. You moms eyes went glassy as your father went beat red.
"None of you noticed." You cried voice breaking, "I wore nothing but long sleeves and oversized sweatshirts all of my third year because of it and none of you even cared!" Sobs began to wreck your body. You tried to speak but nothing but it was like someone had lodged an egg carton down your throat.
Sirius still pale as a ghost took you quickly into his arms.
"I'm so sorry." He whispered into your hair, "I'm so so sorry."
You looked up at him and everything else fell away. His grey eyes glassy, his dark hair framing his unfairly handsome face, his cheeks were pale and he looked like he wanted to throw up.
"It's not your fault." You murmured, you wrapped your hand around his neck pulling him into a soft kiss.
"What the fuck!?" You instantly broke apart to see James, tears still sliding peacefully down his cheeks. His mouth dropped open and his bloodshot eyes wide with surprise.
"None of your business James." You seethed.
"I think it is my business! My sister and my best friend just kissed!" He hollered, standing and advancing towards you. "You're going to ruin my friendship!"
You stepped towards your brother your hands shaking with rage. "This is what I mean!" You shouted, "You are selfish James!"
"How am I possibly being selfish!" He shot back furiously.
"You don't care about me! All you care about is your friendship! Your friend! YOURSELF! You don't give two shits about what's happening with me all you care about is your perfect little life being ruined by your not so perfect sister." Your voice was now lowered to a hiss as spoke.
James anger flashed in his eyes again and he took a step toward you, but this time you didn't flinch.
"What?" You spat, "You gonna hit me again?" You challenged darkly.
Shame flashed through him and suddenly it hit him. He almost stumbled at the force of the facts that suddenly became so real to him. He was selfish. He was an asshole. He ignored his sister for years simply because of the color of her robes. He had looked at her with disgust and anger simply because she was ambitious and cunning. He only cared for himself and his perfect life. He could suddenly see every time he blew you off, everytime he side stepped you or glowered at you as you did nothing but exist.
"Oh my god." He whispered, his voice shaky.
"I'm done with this damn family." You scoffed, "You're all selfish and rude. You all think your so much better than those stick up their ass purebloods but deep down your no better than them, because all you do is ignore and neglect those who are different than you and it's revolting." You turned to look at your parents, "All I ever wanted was a mom and a dad, but since the day that hat was placed on my head you couldn't see anything but a goddamn traitor." Your eyesight blurred and with that you began to walk for the door.
But you were stopped, not by James or your parents but a pair of soft grey eyes.
"Y/n/n, you can't." Sirius sighed. "You know you can't, just give them a chance."
"I gave them thousands of chances." You muttered back attempting to shoulder past him but he held his ground.
Sirius opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by the sharp voice of your mother.
"The fact that you think you have the right to call us as foul as families who would cast out their own son is what is repulsive young lady! If you truly believe that then by all means walk out that door!"
You turned ready to unleash hell on to the women but were surprised when your brother stepped in front of you.
"No mom!" He yelled, "Shes right!"
Your mother stumbled backwards, her eyes going wide, "James?" She questioned softly as if she had just found out that he had done some unspeakable act.
"Mom. You may not have physically cast her from the family but you just threatened to. And we have all neglected her since she was eleven as well." James paused taking a breath as your mother slumped back onto the couch.
"We may not have used a torturing curse on her but for Godric's sake I just slapped her and we have mentally tortured her for years! Can you please get off your high horse for just a second and realize that maybe you and dad aren't as perfect as you seem to believe you are?!"
The silence that followed was suffocating as you watched you mother process the information she had just been given. Slowly but surely reality began to seep through her skull and she looked up from her hands with guilt in her eyes.
"I'm so sorry." She whispered, her voice breaking. Before she broke down to sobs and it took you a second to realize she was talking to you.
Your eyes widened in surprise before narrowing once again and you turned on your heel but instead of heading straight for the door you stomped up the steps. Sirius sent a final glance around the room before following your actions.
He walked into your room to see you lying on your back on the floor. Your eyes were trained on the white ceiling above your hands fiddling with the sleeve of his leather jacket.
Sirius didn't ask questions, he simply lay next to you and slowly edged his hand over to yours, intertwining your fingers with his.
You sat in silence for a few minutes hearing faint arguing bellow.
"It took James." You finally spoke causing Siirus to turn his head towards you in question.
"It took James for her to realize that she might actually be wrong." You explained a tear sliding from your cheek like a raindrop set carefully against your y/s/c skin.
"I know y/n." Sirius mumbled, "But at least she realized."
"I know it just made me so mad that after everything she still won't listen to me." You winced feeling a sharp pain on you hand when Sirisu gripped it tightly.
He immediately apologized having you situp as he fished for his wand.
"Yeah it does suck." He agreed before muttering a spell over you hands as you felt the pebbles begin to slowly pull from your soft flesh. "But she needed someone like James agreeing with you to make her hear you. "
You sighed, "Your probably right." You smiled softly up at him.
"Of course I'm right," he smirked, "I'm Sirius Black."
"God your an ass." You giggled as he pulled you towards him pressing his lips slowly on yours, his touch made you feel warm and fuzzy, you could feel his heartbeat quicken as you placed your hand lightly on his chest.
There was a knock at the door, three soft wraps which you were sure had to be your mother's. Much to Sirius' dismay you pulled away standing to open the door.
When you swung it open you were greeted by emerald green eyes and fiery red hair. Lily looked nervously at you probably expecting you to slam the door in her face, and the truth was you were tempted.
"Yes Evans?" You asked feeling Sirius walk up next to you.
"I think they need you down stairs." She said quietly.
You glanced at Sirius who nodded, "Ok." You spoke hesitantly.
You were about to leave when you suddenly stopped.
"Evans."
She turned to face you expecting you to explode in her face.
"Sorry about all this. And you can move your stuff into James room, Sirius can sleep in mine."
She grinned back nodding and beginning to gather her stuff.
"That is if you want to." You shrugged glancing at Sirius who seemed to be smirking down at you.
"I thought you'd never ask." He taunted.
"Neither did I" You huffed as you descended the stairs.
You were greeted by you parents and James. He stood carefully next to you facing your parents as well. And you suddenly realized it was no longer four against one. It was three against two.
You stood in front of your parents waiting for them to speak. They seemed to be communicating back and forth with their eyes, raising and lowering their brows to for different expressions that you honestly couldn't quite read.
Finally you cleared your throat loudly and you father sighed before turning to you and saying, "Y/n, we want to apologize." He paused looking down before sighing and continuing, "You were right about everything thing you said, and it wasn't fair for us to neglect you simply because you were different."
The room once again dropped silent, all eyes on you. You could feel them boring into you like a woodpecker into wood.
Finally your mother spoke, "Y/n, please forgive us, we are so sorry, it is terrible that it took us that long to see it but please give us another chance." She begged. Begging was not a pretty color on her. It seemed strange to see such a strong woman, who you had grown to see as cold-hearted, beg.
You glanced around this room, eyes sticking on Sirius the longest. Eventually you let your y/e/c orbs travel back to your parents.
You sighed, "Ok." And with that word everyone in the room let put a relieved sigh.
"So you forgive us then?" You father asked hopefully.
"Merlin's beard no." You scoffed back watching them deflate, "I'll give you a chance but I'm going to forgive you in four seconds for what you did to me for four years."
They nodded understandingly and you let out a sigh, "I'm going to bed." You mumbled before retreating back up to your room but before you could make it up you were stopped by a hand grabbing your wrist.
You instinctively spun around to be greeted with a pair of dark eyes.
"Thank you y/n/n." He whispered and for the first time since you were 11 your nickname slipped from his lips.
You just nodded before turning to leave but his grip stayed firm.
"What happened between Sirius and you?" He asked nervously, "Because I mean I'm not just asking as a friend, I'm asking as a big brother and I-"
Your giggle cut him off, "We kissed James, tonight actually so honestly, I don't even know what happened."
"Oh. Okay well, I just don't want you to get hurt, you know how he is." He mumbled awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck as color tinged his cheeks.
"Thank you James." You smiled giving his hand a squeeze before walking up the stairs Sirius soon following behind.
When you reached your bedroom you turned pulling Sirius into a searing kiss, your lips colding sloppily as your tongue grazed his bottom lip. After a second you pulled away panting.
"Thank you." You mumbled before pulling him close to you once again.