Chapter 8

"You shouldn't be in here

"You shouldn't be in here."

She didn't care. Maybe she was even ignoring me. Sometimes Kay had a one track mind whenever she was up to no good.

"He's going to kill you."

She sifted through the card board box closest to her, pulling out objects and examining them. "Only if he finds out, and he's not going to."

I leaned against the doorframe of the guest bedroom, twiddling my fingers, because there was nothing else I could do. Kaylee did what Kaylee wanted to do. When she set her mind to something, no one could deter her. It often got us into more trouble than that admirable trait was worth. "We should be getting ready for the grand opening."

"Bah," she said waving me off without even glancing back at me. "I could give a fuck about that event."

A heavy sigh fell from my lips. I didn't want to upset Sawyer. I really, truly wanted to try and make this work. He'd been very lenient with Kaylee so far. I doubt that leniency would remain if he knew she was going through his things. "What are you even looking for?"

She held up a box of condoms, smirking as she turned around from her spot on the floor to face me. "Fuck you for holding out on the deets. When were you going to tell me?"

My face flamed red. A wave of heat washed over my body. I hadn't thought about sleeping with him. I honestly hadn't. He was a man, an attractive one. Not to mention, he was accustomed to sleeping around. Was he bored? Did he want to sleep with me? Would I be able to keep him for much longer if I didn't put out?

"He's big," she said turning the box over. "Really big, by the looks of it."

"We haven't-- I uhm,--"

Her dark eyes widened in disbelief. "Holy shit! You mean to tell me the two of you haven't had sex yet?"

"Kaylee!"

"What?"

I hid my burning face behind my hands, shaking my head at her. She was comfortable talking about anything and everything, unless it was about her personal life. Sometimes I wondered if her parents left more of a mark on her than she was letting on. She said she was over it. But was she? "Nothing. We should really start getting ready. He'll be here any minute."

She shrugged, dropping the condoms carelessly back into the box. "Haven't you been seeing him for two months now?"

"Yeah, so?"

She closed the box and shoved it back into the stack with the others, then jumped to her feet."That's a long time to go without sex. Especially for someone as good looking as him. I bet he was a real fuckboy."

"Can we not talk about this?"

"I hope some day you'll be comfortable enough to share your sex life with me," she said going straight to the closet. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were a virgin. Hell, if I hadn't walked in on you and your ex, I never would've believed it."