Chapter 3: taking care of Tenma

Niko: Tsurugi I leave him with you.
Tsurugi: w-what!? Why me!?
Niko: would you rather I left him with Amemiya?
Tsurugi: You're really mean
Niko: yeah I know I'm an asshole *smiling*
Shindou: ok???
Tenma: hnng...
Tsurugi: Shh!
Niko: Don't shush me you mother trucker!
Tsurugi: ON WITH THE DUMBASS STORY DAMMIT!
Tsurugi's POV
I was put in charge of taking care of Tenma and as much as I didn't want to, I had to. Why? Because there is no way in hell I'm leaving him with Amemiya. No way no how. I went to where Tenma was sleeping and watched over him. *ring ring* Tenma's phone was ringing... I looked to see who the caller was but it was an unknown number. Then I heard the door open. I looked out to see Aki~San putting groceries on the table with who looked like Niko. "Oh Tsurugi what are you doing here?" Aki asked. I pointed at the sick, sleeping Tenma and Aki nodded. "Aki~San who's that?" I asked pointing to the person beside her. "Oh! This is Maria. She's an orphan in Sun Garden and I was asked to look after her for the day while Niko was doing some stuff." Aki explained everything and I understood. Maria then walked over to the sleeping Tenma and looked at him. "Is he sick?" The little girl asked softly. I nodded. She patted Tenma's head and then put both her hands together "May her grace Lady Irene watch over you in your time of sickness" She whispered. "And that's a message from Senpai" she gave a small smile at Tenma and then turned to me and came up to me. She reached into her pocket and pulled out a cookie and gave it to me. "A gift from me to you mister" she smiled. I took the cookie and patted her head as she ran off to help Aki again. I then turned my attention back to Tenma, who started waking up. "Tsu-Tsurugi?" He asked. "Yeah it's me." I replied. I grabbed Tenma's phone and showed him the missed call. "Oh! That's Fei's number!" He said. He tried to get out of bed but I stopped him. I wasn't going to let some sick kid run around town. "Why was Fei calling you?" I asked curiously. "We were gonna practice a hisatsu technique together..." He mumbled. I took his phone and rung Fei and told him Tenma was sick. He understood and hung up. (A/N: here's what the call went like :] <>=Tsurugi []=Fei.)
[Tenma? Where are you??]
<Hi Fei, Tenma's sick at the moment and he had a really high fever the other day.>
[Tsurugi? Well ok. We'll work on it when he's better!]
<I'm sure he'd enjoy that.>
[Cya Tsurugi]
<Bye Fei>
(Ahem back to the story)
When Fei hung up Tenma moaned and I looked at him in confusion. "I'm so bored~" he complained. I laughed at him a bit but smiled. "How about we go for a walk?" I asked putting out my hand. Tenma smiled and nodded and took my hand. I smiled back. And so we left on our walk.
Niko: Short but Tenma sick so can't blame me.
Tsurugi: who's Maria's 'Senpai'?
Niko: me, 3 or 4 I'm not sure...
Tsurugi: 3 And 4?
Niko: I'll tell you soon enough.
Shindou: Anyways Stay Fresh everyone.
Niko: And stay off the Hook!🐙