Chapter 6 (I think): the winter festival.

It was a normal day at Raimon, people were getting ready for an upcoming festival, including Raimons' soccer club. But how would they act if they knew that there was something 'special' about this festival?

Tenma's POV

A winter festival? I wonder what happens at one.. "Tenma? You ok?" Shinsuke asked. "Hm? Oh yeah I'm fine!" I replied smiling, running off to go practice. I looked at the ground for a second, then forward again, then left and right. I took one of the festival flyers out of my pocket and started reading it while no one was around. 'Let's se-' I thought until I saw the last bit. 'All students must have a partner, male or female.' "E-EHH?!" I shouted, but thankfully, not loud enough for someone to hear. We had to have a d-date though? Who made these?? I walked over to everyone, putting the flyer back in my pocket. "Ok! Everyone from today til Friday (it's Monday) we'll be doing preparations for the festival!!" Coach Endou said smiling. "What kind of preparations?" Sangoku asked " Umm... making the club room look winter/Christmas themed I guess...?" He said. "Who came up with the festival idea?" "Marc. Marc Hiyaki. I would know, I helped her." Niko smiled. "Marc?" Kirino asked. "Never mind. I asked before and she said as long as it's wintery it's fine." We all looked at Niko, she always knows so much. How? And so, everyone went their separate ways, or at least... I thought. Sitting half asleep on the bench was Tsurugi. I decided to chance sitting next to him, praying that he wouldn't wake up. I slowly sat down and looked at him. He's so peaceful when he's asleep... I couldn't help but smile. "Tsurugi?" I asked softly. "... what..?" He replied tiredly. I flinched a bit, but managed to get a grip on myself. I looked at him, his eyes were closing as we spoke. "Do you wanna come to my place? It's nearby and you seem really tired..." I asked. "Will Aki-San mind?" He asked. "Aki-Nee is gone on a business trip, so it's just me and Sasuke." I replied. "Sure." He smiled. I grabbed his hand and we walked towards my house.

Tsurugi's POV

This silence is unbearable... what do I do.... "Tsurugi what are you doing for the festival?" Tenma asked. "Hm? Oh.. I don't know." I replied. I saw Tenma take something out of his pocket and hand it to me. "I-it's one of the flyers.. I want you to look at the last part.." He said, his face slightly red. My eyes scanned the page til I got to the part Tenma meant. My eyes widened with shock. "T-Tenma? Are you ok?" I asked him. His face was extremely red but he just nodded. "W-we're here" He said. We walked inside and Tenma headed straight for his bedroom as I followed behind. When he got in, Tenma just flopped down on his bed, stuffing his face into his pillow. "I'm assuming you're tired?" I laughed a bit. "I thought you were the tired one.." he replied pouting. I looked around the room, it was quite small but exceptionally clean for Tenma. "Did Aki clean your room?" I asked. "Hm? No, I cleaned it. What? Did you think just because I can be a little reckless means I don't clean my room?" He laughed. I wasn't expecting him to answer like that, but I guess it's not always the best to assume. I noticed a dirty soccer ball with Raimon mark on it and decided to get a closer look. "That ball used to be Gouenji-Kuns' before he used it to save me when I was little." Tenma explained looking at the ball. That ball must mean a lot to him... "It's getting dark.." I said. "Hm? Oh it is. Wait, what time is it?" Tenma asked taking out his phone. "Ehh!? Is it really that late already!?" He said with a hint of surprise in his voice. "What is it?" I asked looking at him. "I-it's already 9:30pm..." He said. "Really?" I asked looking at his phone. "Yea." I rubbed my eyes as I felt myself getting more and more tired by the second. "You can stay the night if you want Tsurugi, you seem exhausted" Tenma smiled. "Thanks" I replied. I found a sleeping bag and decided to sleep in it. "Goodnight Tenma" I smiled. "Goodnight Tsurugi." He replied.

Niko's POV

"This goes here and that can go there." I said to myself. I was putting up some festive decorations in the club room for Marc's Christmas festival. "Niko?" I turned around in a bit of surprise as to who would be out this late. "Kirino~Senpai!? What are you doing here so late!?!?!"  I asked. "I could ask you the same thing" he smirked. "... well..." I turned away and began putting up more decorations, that way, I can show him what I'm doing without telling him. "Decorations? Is this for the festival?" He asked. "Yup." I replied giving a soft smile towards the roof before turning to Kirino. "You see I wanted to surprise the team by decorating the club room. But anyways, why are you here?" I asked. "I forgot my bag so I came back to get it." He said. I nodded my head and started walking around putting up more decorations. "Do you need help?" Kirino asked. "Well... could you find a chair or something I can use to stand on?" I asked. "Sure." He replied. I watched as Kirino began scouting out a stool or chair of some sort. "No luck?" I asked walking over to him. He shook his head. "Darn... there's gotta be something..." I looked around everywhere I could think of. "Wait... I know!! Kirino start taking the soccer balls out of the kart!" I said smiling. Kirino had a confused look on his but he nodded anyway. "There.. now what?" He asked. "We flip it over!" I said grabbing the bottom of it. "You're not serious are you?" He asked. "Oh I'm serious!" I smiled. When we flipped it over I pushed it towards the large-ish Christmas tree I put up and started climbing on top of it. 'I won't fall!' I thought shaking. I grabbed the star and placed it on top on the tree. "And done!" I smiled jumping down. "All I have to do now is put the balls back in the kart!" We flipped it back over and started reloading the soccer balls back into it. "Thanks for your help Kirino~Senpai!" I said smiling. "No problem" he replied. And so, the two of parted ways at the school gate as we headed home. Er, for me though, I have to climb back through the window I climbed out of in Shindou's house =w=.

The next day! No ones POV.

Tenma walked into the club room to see everyone on the team amazed by the decorations when he noticed Niko And Kirino share a high-five. "Umm.. what's going on?" He asked. Niko smiled at him but didn't say a word and neither did Kirino. "Kirino? Are you hiding something?" Shindou asked. "What? No!~ of course not!" Kirino replied smiling. "Niko?" He said. "Nope! Nuh uh!~" she smiled. This made Shindou suspicious and he decided to check the schools security cameras. "So you were lying?" Shindou said smiling. "W-well.. I wanted it to be a surprise for the team.." Niko smiled. "Ok. Anyways why don't we all practice?" Shindou asked. Everyone cheered and smiled brightly. They were all in the festive spirit!~🎶

ⓛⓘⓚⓔ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓝⓔⓦ ⓕⓞⓝⓣ Ⓘ ⓗⓐⓥⓔ? Ⓘ ⓖⓞⓣ ⓘⓣ ⓕⓡⓞⓜ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓐⓟⓟ ⓢⓣⓞⓡⓔ. Ⓑⓤⓣ ⓢⓞⓜⓔ ⓞⓕ ⓣⓗⓔ ⓕⓞⓝⓣⓢ ⓒⓞⓢⓣ ⓜⓞⓝⓘⓔⓢ ;-; ⓘⓣ ⓐⓛⓢⓞ ⓓⓞⓔⓢⓝ'ⓣ ⓗⓐⓥⓔ ⓐⓤⓣⓞⓒⓞⓡⓡⓔⓒⓣ •>• ⓦⓗⓘⓒⓗ ⓢⓤⓒⓚⓢ ⓑⓤⓣ ⓜⓔⓐⓝ, ⓘⓣ' ⓢⓣⓘⓛⓛ ⓒⓞⓞⓛ. Ⓐⓝⓨⓦⓐⓨⓢ, ty Ŧгє~! ^^