Part Twenty Six: Who Am I?

Hi again! I hope you enjoy this next chapter :)

If anyone knows any more Voltron inspired lofi, please let me know!

Now onto the chapter!

••••••••••

Things To Keep in Mind

(Y/N) = Your name

(N/N) = Nickname

(A/N) = Author's Note

Italics are your thoughts

••••••••••

Your POV:

Do you ever wonder why no one understands?

It feels like my mind is uncontrollable and yet it's free. Free to think anything, to believe in the good and the bad. To hope things can get better. Without hope, what's the point of still fighting. There is no point, we fight for better days. We fight for our future.

That's why I fight, to make a brighter future for those who come after us. I don't want them to suffer, I don't want them to deal with the mess of an empire that's on the brink of collapsing. I want a future where all speicies of aliens get along, which is why I now understand why I love being a part of this wonderful team. Voltron spreads Hope, which is something that has not been spread for thousands of years ever since Zarkon's evil reign.

But even still, I can't help but wander to the dark thoughts in the back of my brain.

I want to be happy, I don't want to give in anymore. I can't let the toxic mindset I was raised to have affect my end goals. I don't want to let go of Keith, no matter how badly I have wanted to. For some reason or another, I fell in love with him. And I don't want to mess things up because I can't decide who I want to be.

I don't want him to see me as a monster, I don't want any of the Paladins to. So I'm done with being a killing machine. I am done with all of the thoughts Haggar has been feeding me, I don't buy them anymore. I'm so much more than some monster.

Whatever happened in the past has already happened. All the people I've killed don't define who I am trying to become. The arena, my escape, our fight for freedom - they all have body counts but I don't want to be that monster anymore.

I want to be a sister, a great one, and trust Lotor. I want to be a best friend to the Paladins and continue to watch out friendships blossom. And I want to see what happens with Keith and I. I want to be a better person, to learn to love, to trust, and to be happy.

I can see why they miss Earth and their families, the idea of returning keeps them sane. I didn't know how that felt, to have someone to live for, but now I do. I don't want to turn on them, I don't want to betray them. Instead, I want to continue to help them. I finally know what side I truly belong to, even if it goes against my own race.

It feels like I'm fighting a war on the inside against myself, and I don't know what side is going to win.

But why does I feel as if no one cares? Why does no one listen? I don't get it. Is this how the paladins ever feel? Disconnected from others constantly feeling as if they are alone. I'm not alone, though. I have some of the closest friends I have ever had in my life.

And yet, the dark thoughts keep lingering. That I'm not truly here, not really. Everything is a set up. It feels as if this is all nothing but a dream.