Part Thirty: We've got to Trust one another

I can't believe it's already the 30th chapter... we've come so far!! Thank you for reading this story and I hope everyone enjoys this update :D

••••••••••

Things To Keep in Mind

(Y/N) = Your name

(N/N) = Nickname

(A/N) = Author's Note

Italics are your thoughts

••••••••••

Third Person POV:

"Sendak," she bowed. Her eyes lingered to the screen.

"Keres." He simply looked at her briefly and turned his attention back to the screen.

Keres silently huffed and stood upright, carefully looking at the trackers they had set prior to the Kral Zera. They were doing everything in their power to track the Empress's every move, waiting for a weak moment to strike her and take the Empire.

At least Lotor had the decency to actually acknowledge my presence. She thought. She then rolled her eyes. Sendak is only using me to get to him and his little sister (Y/N). Still, I don't understand why he's willing to go to such lengths.

"Sendak, why are we so determined to stop them?"

He slammed his hand on the control board and glared at her. "How many times must I explain this to you? Taking down those two pesky beings will finally get me- us the revenge we've been craving. Why else would you have joined me?"

She stared at him in disbelief not knowing how to react. Sendak was known for his short temper, but she never thought he would treat his own ally with such disrespect. "I only wanted to get back at Lotor after he kicked me off of the team. I didn't actually think that you would be willing to go to the lengths of killing him and the Empress!" Her eyes narrowed and she firmly stood her ground.

If Sendak wants to establish his dominance and think he should be considered above me, he's got another thing coming to him. She thought. The two stared at each other, one in slight anger and the other in suspicion.

He raised an eyebrow. If I want to use her to get to Lotor, then I need to make sure I keep her close. He thought. I'm not risking losing the Empire because Keres didn't want to help me.

He sighed and his mouth went into a thin, straight line. "I am not allowing (Y/N) to be the Empress, not after all I have achieved and done for the Empire. It isn't right, nor is it fair. I deserve to be Emperor, not her, and definitely not Lotor. If only I wasn't so focused on fighting Lotor, I just allowed (Y/N) to slip from my grasp."

She frowned. "Is that what you're telling yourself? This isn't some payback because she didn't return your feelings?" She tried to see any form of emotion in his eyes, but she found none.

He chuckled. "My feelings for her were nothing but a mere transaction in hopes of leading the Empire. The older I got, the more I realized I wasn't foolish to fall for some weak link. Not so sure if I can say the same for you." Keres stood there in silence. Sendak managed to push all the right buttons. "Tell me, how exactly did Lotor react when you told him you had feelings for him? He kicked you off of the team. It's time you suppress those past feelings and repay him for all the trouble he has given you."

She looked down mentally cursing at herself for telling him why she was kicked off. "You're right."

He put his hand on her lower back. "Aren't I always?" He smirked. "We'll see to it that they're both taken down for good."