Chapter 2: What A Strange Blue Box

I hang up the phone and got dressed up in the same clothes I put on this morning... or should I say the same day...
I head downstairs hearing my dog Noodles barking again at the cat next door to me. I head to the kitchen, grabbed her dog bowls, poured water in one bowl and the other dog food. I shake the bowl to call her over that had the dog food in it and placed it where she eats including her water bowl. She runs over and starts eating. I grabbed a piece of a breakfast cracker, grabbed my car's keys, my phone, and headed to my garage door. Once I got near to the door, I noticed something at the corner of my eye where my window and my front door was.

From across the street, I saw a blue police box. I knew it wasn't there before because it was placed in an odd spot and aren't they only in London? It was in the middle of a neighbor's house. I looked at it for a few seconds until I snapped out of it. I looked back at the garage door and opened it.

My car was still here, perfectly fine. Once I got in and closed the door, I heard a strange sound. It was a sound I never heard before. I knew it wasn't my car because I didn't turn it on yet. I ignored it, turned on my car, and opened the garage. The strange sound stopped once the garage was fully opened.

I slowly pulled out of my driveway when I noticed that the blue police box was gone, but how? I get out of my car and checked my surroundings. Nothing to my left, nothing to my right and nothing in front of me except the neighbor that had the blue police box in front of his house. He waves hi at me and I wave him back.

"Good morning!" Said the neighbor.

"Morning!" I shouted.

"Did you notice a blue police box in front of your house?" I announced.

"No?" Answered confusingly.

"Did you hear strange sounds by any chance?" I questioned.

The neighbor answered no again more confused.

I waved bye to him and went back into my car feeling embarrassed. He probably thought I was seeing things. Maybe I was...
I started driving to my destination.

It's been almost three hours and I finally arrived. I see Jackson's car but I don't see him.
I parked my car right next to his and got out and locked it up. I look at my phone and checked the time, "11:11 am". I looked up and I looked around me. No one was here. It was just me, my car, and Jackson's car.

I slowly walked towards where the funeral should be happening in 39 minutes from now but no one was around. It was too quiet, the only thing I could hear is my breathing and my heartbeat. Each step I took, I got nervous. The more I got nervous, my breathing got harder. The more I was breathing harder, my heart beat faster.

I knew something was wrong. I looked around me again. All that I saw were gravestones, except for one thing in the corner of my eye. I was scared to look at it, but from this perspective, it was a bit blurry. It was blue...and tall...ten feet perhaps? It was at the same spot where that man with the big black coat was standing near the tree during Spencer's funeral.

I can't believe my eyes. I slowly turned to its direction. Can it be? The blue police box from before? I checked around me if there was a delivery truck. Nothing around.

I noticed that the door from the blue police box was open. Was Jackson in there? Did someone kidnap him? Is he hurt? My heart was racing even more, like a clock changing time fast.

I started speed walking towards it to see if he was in there. Once I got close to it, I heard the same sound from before! First, the police box showed up near Spencer's funeral and now the strange sound again? I was puzzled at this point. I hear Jackson's voice coming from it, but it was echoing?

Echoing? It was just a small spot and a telephone inside. I got closer to it. I was now in front of the opened door. I was speechless at this point.

Who? What? When? Where? Why? How? The same questions repeated in my head over and over again. My thoughts were saying don't go in, but my heart was leading me somewhere. Somewhere I needed to be, and this was it. I stepped in.

It was like straight from a fairytale. Maybe those's people were right? Maybe I was living a fairytale? Inside the box, was a big neon blue thing in the middle of a tube moving up and down, a control center on the bottom of the neon blue tube thingy, a ton of buttons and levers to switch and flick, and fish fingers and custard. Fish fingers and custard? Where have I seen that before...?

"What a strange blue box..." I exclaimed.

"Indeed young lady." The unknown voice confirmed from above in front of me.

"Hello, I'm The Doctor. And welcome to my T.A.R.D.I.S." He spoke happily with a smile on his face.

To be continued...