Hate me║ The games. pt 1

October.

The leafs had long ago turned all shades of orange, even and yellow. Leaving the school grounds filled with colors.

October was when it all started. The tension had risen the school up to it's toes for two months. I never knew sports could do that, but apparently they took this very seriously.

I started A.O.T High in August, two months have passed already. Don't worry, you didn't miss much out from last time. I joined the art club and have been thriving ever since.

Me and my friends had stayed away from trouble as far as that took up. But I knew deep in my heart when October came around, things we're going to shit and they did. Straight to hell and beyond if that was possible.

Jean and the others have been training hard for the new coming cup series. They had practice after school everyday—in which I could decide to go home if I didn't have any art work left. I felt bad for them, September came with a lot of heavy rain, which resulted in muddy fields and heavier clothes to run in. But nonetheless, they still worked hard.

God, even Shadis coached them somedays—that was a sight everyone must see, but never experience themselves.

So what next?

The fucking games had arrived on this day. The day I dreaded because we were meeting M.P High and the beef was so high. The whole school was on edge, even the freaking teachers! Students roamed around the hallways—only talking about the prefectural. It was all I heard for that whole week. I got so fed up with it that I considered ditching the game all together, but no way in hell would Historia allow me to do so.

Moving on to the turquoised bastard, he had been avoiding me for two whole months! Not one rude comment like "You're in my way, move!" Or "Hah, too short to reach the top shelf?" Not one comment, not that I particularly missed those nasty claims.

It was weird. He didn't glare at me, he just flat out ignored my whole existence. Don't take me wrong, I hated his guts and everything about him, but I was used to Eren showing his hatred towards me—not avoid my very being. It was hella uncomfortable, I'd rather have him yell at how much he despised me than be quiet and have me guess what he's thinking.

So damn frustrating! That boy found all the ways possible to get under my skin, it made me hate him even more for that matter.

At first, I guessed it was because of practice and Eren seemed very intent on being the best. As time progressed and our ignorance had passed the one month mark, I definitely suspected he was deliberately avoiding me.

Then being my dumbass self, I finally figured out why. It was because I hugged him in the classroom. I left him there without a response and ever since then, he never spoke to me again. Gosh, he was reacting as if I'd killed his family or something. It was so childish! It was just a damn hug, it didn't mean anything. I did it out of impulse and Eren was making it like this big whole charade by ignoring me.

Whatever, I was happier this way. Eren was just stupid and missing out on my amazing personality. Yeah, fuck yeah. He was the one missing out.
But not like we were friends. So it never mattered what he thought of me.

The sky was painted in grey, not like it was going to rain, but close. We had normal classes except our principal had given all A.O.T High players free to train all day, until the games started at 3 pm. My mother packed me a good lunch since I was staying late in the afternoon, but hunger wasn't on my mind at all.

I sat in science class with Historia, Armin and some of our other classmates who didn't play sports. Let's just say the class wasn't very full. Hanji was cooking up another experiment, at least her classes weren't boring—not to me at least.