Hate me║ Home

"W-What?"

Those turquoise hues could guide me wherever in this world, I would eternally surrender to their mesmerization

My surroundings were fading from my perception. Similar to the occasional moments when the ocean goes absolutely still, a tranquil atmosphere. So peaceful like everything was elevating.

Until it wasn't.

"O-Oh my god" Hands were covering my lips as I staggered backward, almost slipping off the couch. My world suddenly danced with pure colors and I was longing for that warmth again.

"Y-Y/n" The tiniest smile smeared across his face, that delicate voice my senses had recovered solace in many times. It didn't seem real, no this was beyond my own comprehension. My brain just froze and I wasn't able to register what was happening.

"E-Eren?" Endless tears poured down my features as I bounced from the couch. My body was racing with overflowing emotions that I was about to topple over, but oh was I joyful. Nobody could ever plant simple words on a paper and describe this sensation. Suddenly, nothing else in this whole world mattered.

The next I marked was his arms spreading, ready to shelter me as they've always had. And in just that second I felt so complete, clinging onto his frame with all my might.

I don't remember much of what was spoken, I could solely relish in the fact that Eren was here. He was safe back in my embrace and I was filled with delight. "E-Eren, you're back home" I murmured into his chest, eyes already red from crying and my head about to explode.

I heard footsteps depart the room, Armin mumbling something about giving us some space to talk things out. And then it was all soundless again, the only precious sound arriving from his heartbeats.

A heavy weight was settled upon my head, those soft locks tickling my forehead. I would never be able to explain this feeling of longing. I wrapped my hands around his back even tighter, sniffling quietly.

I never wanted to let go again.

"...I'm home" Eren whispered, his hand dancing across my back.

But as I retreated my head from his chest, my heart faltered once I saw what laid on his face. Multiple bruises that displayed the torment he had endured, and more that I would never be able to comprehend.

It was vile. It was so cruel.

"E-Eren, y-you're-"

"It's nothing..." Eren shushed me off, standing there barely as he appeared faint. "I-I'm..." But there was so much a human could bear. Eren shook his head again, tears swimming at the corner of his eyes. "I-I'm just tired"

God only knew what he experienced this last week. My heart was cracking, my body felt like sinking to the floor in anguish. Eren never deserved this.