Hate me ║ Golden eyes

Morning rose again, the ground was covered with more snow than ever. Luckily, school didn't start before 10 o'clock this Friday because of the play. We were meeting up to prepare one last rehearsal and we've been laying off school work for about two weeks.

Slowly gaining consciousness, I sensed the silky fabric of my pillow against my right cheek, with my body wrapped cozily underneath the sweltering duvet. But there was something missing, or more like someone missing.

I flattered my eyes, barely keeping them open once I realized that Eren wasn't anywhere nearby. My initial thought was that he'd fallen of the damn bed, he was very restless that night. Multiple times did I find him almost slipping out, or enduring a very dreadful nightmare.

My head felt overly heavy once I tried rising up, using my forearms to keep myself from fumbling back down and sleep.

"E-Eren??" I gasped softly once getting my clear vision back. Eren was standing in the corner of my room, shirtless might I add. He was fixated on the large mirror I owned, back facing me. "Wh-What are you doing standing there half naked?!" I quickly clutched one of my pillows and crossed it over my face, hiding my fuming blush.

This is gonna kill me!!

Yet, Eren kept very silent. I couldn't hear him breathe even. Eventually, I brought the pillow down from my face and dared to open one of my eyes. "I look disgusting" Eren's voice was dry and husk, clinging in such a gloomy tone.

No...Eren

"Eren, don't say that.."

I climbed out of bed swiftly. Eren was gazing and inspecting his bruises. Blue, purple all beyond his back and chest. That man, no he wasn't a human to me anymore. He treated Eren like he was worthless, a meaningless punching bag to his own hatred.

Eren bit his lip harshly, "I look so ugly with all of this..." He tossed a hand over his forehead, removing the last tears he had cried while I was asleep. Why didn't I wake up the immediate moment he shifted out of the bed?

"Eren...that's not true, these wounds do not defy you" I mumbled meekly, standing right behind him. I desperately yearned to provide him a warm hug and tell him how valuable he is. But I understood how hard it must have been for him, all these years enduring this crucifying misery.

"But they do, they're the proof of my weakness, proof that I can't be free" A small tear dove from his cheek, I could perceive it from the mirrors reflection.

"I'm t-tired of being caged by him, I just want to be free. I want my old life back...I want to make things better" Eren kept drying his eyes, his voice breaking with each word that left his lips.
My hands began trembling next to me, so burningly longed to reach out to him. But this was Eren's pain, he deserved to speak up about it, he deserved somebody who listened.

I gazed up at all the bruises littered across his back. They looked so painful, so full of hatred. My imagination ran wild, I hated that man. I had never hated anyone that much before. Eren, he couldn't go on living like this. There had to be something I could do, just for now. Just to relieve him of the worries of going back home.

"Come live with me Eren, I'm sure we can find a way to get this guy" I spoke strongly, finally stepping around to face him.