Chapter 10

You had your eyes closed as you focused. You were panting, and sweating. Your hair was pulled back as you sat for a few moments. You had just finished with a round of beating up some training droids. There were levels to it as well, you were on a more complicated one. But unfortunately, you didn't know if you were progressing or if you were too slow for your rank.

A buzzer signaled for the start of another round. You snapped your eyes open and got up in a position ready to fight. The first wave of droids marched out of walls that would open up. You ran up to the first squadron of droids that were marching towards you. They opened fire on you but you were quick to dodge, letting the Force guide you in your movements.

Since you had no weapons you fought only using three things; your instincts, the Force, and your hands. You constantly were strategically taking down squadrons of droids in mere seconds. Not to impress anyone, but only because it came natural to you. Sometimes, you put so much faith into the Force you closed your eyes and let it guide you entirely.

You quickly finished off that level, and with that you sat back down, in attempts to regain your breath. You heard clapping from behind you. "Well done." You heard the familiar voice of Anakin. A hint of rage began to flair in the pit of your heart. You hadn't quite made amends with the man yet.

"Can I help you Master Jedi?" You asked, not referring to him as your master but just as some random Jedi. "We need to talk." He said and you opened your eyes as you stood up. You turned around and with a sharp inhale of air you replied, "I think we did enough of that yesterday. If you'll excuse me I must return to my training." You said a bit harshly.

"Good luck with that, you're on the highest level without needing a lightsaber or any weapon for that matter." Anakin said, making you stop in your tracks. You hadn't realized you were that far ahead yet.

"Y/N what I said yesterday was wrong." Anakin said, catching your attention. "Don't get me wrong I prefer you not to be out on the battlefield in harms way, but I can't stop you from whatever destiny has planned for you. I also know you're just as stubborn as I am." He said, peaking your interest.

"And with your level of skill I could really use someone like you." Anakin said and you turned around to look at him. His brown locks fell just before his eyebrows and swooped neatly at the nape of his neck. His deep blue eyes stared at you wonderingly. You sighed and reluctantly replied,

"On one condition."

You shivered as you walked on the icy planet. You were with a group of younglings and Anakin. "How much father? It's freezing!" One of the younglings complained. Anakin responded with, "Patience! It's not much further." He reassured you and the younglings. Soon enough you all reached what seemed to be a dead end. "There's nothing here! We're lost!" A different youngling said worriedly.

You noticed as Anakin brushed away some of the snow, revealing a symbol. "On that wall, use the Force to bring it down. Everyone needs to otherwise it won't work!" Anakin yelled over the sound of the blizzard that was wildly ravaging around all of you. All of you held out your hands and began to use the Force to take down the wall ahead of you. You heard crumbling ahead of you, but you continued to focus until you no longer heard anything. You opened your eyes to see there was now a cave before your group where there had obviously not been. "Let's go younglings, and Y/N." Anakin added with a smirk, acknowledging you being the eldest. You only rolled your eyes and continued forward. Once you entered the cave it was so quiet, you looked around in awe, large stone statues were circled around the cave, they were holding what appeared lightsabers. You looked forward when you heard a grunt. It was Master Yoda sitting in the center.

"Master Yoda." You greeted him with a hint of surprise in your tone of voice. "Welcome, younglings and Y/N." Yoda had said, just as Anakin had. As Yoda explained where the crystals were and that you had little time to get the crystals as the sun was only up for so long, you increasingly became more anticipated to find your crystal.

Once all of you were excused the younglings ran further into the cave. You trailed behind, but the younglings seemed to want to hang around you. "Padawan Y/L/N, do you know where the crystals are?" One of the younglings asked and you shook your head. "I'm afraid not, it's my first time here just as it is for all of you." You explained as you and the group of younglings walked in the cave. "How come you're getting your crystal now?" A different youngling asked and you gulped. "Well, you see, I'm in a different circumstance. I was found a lot later than all of you." You explained but the younglings looked at you, confused.

"But Padawan Y/L/N, I thought you couldn't join after a certain age because of lack of training?" Another youngling asked. You shook your head. "The training I had previously was self taught. I trained every day, I even took self defense classes when I was on my home planet. So I had some knowledge of how to use my powers and how to fight for myself even before I arrived on Coruscant." You said, hoping the younglings would stop asking you questions. Thankfully they did. Eventually all of you reached a point where there were three different directions to travel in.

One youngling gasped, "Where do we go now?!" All of the younglings looked at you as if you knew the answer. You hesitated, but an idea popped into your head. "Alright, all of us will close our eyes, and on three we point in the direction we feel our crystal may be in." You said, and all of the younglings nodded and closed their eyes, you as well. "One.. Two... Three!" You said and then opened your eyes. You heard one of the younglings groan and you looked at them, they were the only on their path. He pointed at a different path wanting to change his mind but you shook your head. "The Force wants you to go in that direction, you need to go on that path." You explained and the little alien sighed.

Soon enough you were on a path with two other younglings, the three of you soon reached a larger part of the cave. "Do you hear that?" A youngling asked and you as well as the third youngling looked around. You weren't hearing anything and you doubted the third youngling was hearing anything either. "I don't hear anything." The third youngling said and you shook your head. "Neither do I." You added as you looked around.

"Over there!" The second youngling pointed. You looked in the direction but saw nothing. "What?" You and the third youngling asked simultaneously. "It's a crystal!" The second youngling exclaimed as they jogged towards it, but he soon came to a large lake with giant chunks of ice that were floating around. "It must be your crystal." The third youngling said and the second one looked back at you. "Can you help me reach it?" The second youngling asked. You walked over and squatted next to the youngling, and you looked in the direction he said he saw the crystal in. You looked around and noticed the sunlight was shining on the large chunks of ice, but where there was shade it was completely frozen over.

"You will have to wait for yours, youngling." You announced as you stood but the youngling only groaned. "We better move on, we have a limited amount of time." You said and motioned to the other youngling. "W-Wait don't leave me!" The second youngling pleaded and you turned and smiled. "We aren't leaving you, our path is just a little different. We'll meet up soon okay?" You said trying to reassure the youngling. The third youngling looked down and nodded with a sigh. You continued on your way with the other youngling into the dark cave. You looked around, with every minute you were losing hope. What if you had gone the wrong way? What if you passed it already? 

What if.. What if.. What if..