Chapter 16

"Well, that's their reinforcements alright." Rex said as he had his scanner on. "There's tons of them sir. Let's just hope we get enough reinforcements to defeat all those clankers." Rex said as he brought a balled fist to his open palm forcefully. "I'm sure we will." You said as you looked up at the fight in the skies.

"Let's get a move on so we can meet up at the rendezvous for the reinforcements." You said and Rex nodded in acknowledgement. You both traveled down to get off the ledge on the mountainside to meet with the rest of the group. "They have their reinforcements coming. We need to meet them halfway. Rex and I found a good barricade from the rock formations. If we head out now we can make it there to have enough cover while fighting the droids." You informed the team. Once they all got the jist of the plan it was time to journey outwards to the thousands of droid reinforcements.

"I hear them." Anakin said as the marching became louder and louder. "Oh really? I don't hear anything." You said sarcastically, having to raise your voice a little over the loud echo of the marching droids. Anakin rolled his eyes, "Real funny Y/N." Anakin said, unamused.

You waited for Anakin's signal to begin attacking the droids, once he gave the signal, blaster fire erupted from both sides. You ignited your lightsaber along with Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Ahsoka. All four of you charged outwards, avoiding blasts, and getting closer to the droids. You swung your lightsaber at the first droid giving it a diagonal slice down the center of its chest piece.

You continually slashed through many droids, already losing count as you fought alongside your fellow Jedi. But it just seemed as if more and more kept coming, the further you fought, the worse it got. With destroyers, rocket droids, and even tanks. "Where are our reinforcements?!" Ahsoka yelled as she blocked multiple blasts from some rocket droids.

"Look! They're coming!" You exclaimed as you pointed up only for a few moments. You continued to block blaster bolts. A wave of relief washed over you as you saw reinforcements descend. "Y/N! Look out!" Anakin yelled and you turned to face him, you not quite registering that you needed to move. Suddenly an explosion occurred right next to you and everything went dark.

Meanwhile...

"Y/N!" Anakin screamed as he ran over to you. The rocket droid that had fired a rocket at you was shot down by Rex. Anakin knelt down next to you, you had been launched into a wall and then you'd fallen onto the ground.

Anakin gently picked up half of your torso to get a better look at you. He moved aside some of your hair to see your resting face. "Y/N wake up. C'mon wake up please." Anakin said weakly as he scrunched his face in distress. He couldn't lose you. Not now. "We need a medic stat!" He yelled angrily. Why was no one helping you? The fight was continuing nearby and Kix ran over to Anakin and yourself with a stretcher. "Sir." Kix alerted Anakin and Anakin gently picked you up and placed you on the stretcher.

Anakin followed along side you and Obi-Wan looked back. "Anakin! Get back here! We need you!" Obi-Wan yelled and Anakin looked at him. He was torn apart, he wanted to go with you, but he know you'd reprimand him if you knew he stayed by your side. "Anakin!" Obi-Wan yelled. Anakin knew he had to stay and fight. He'd get his revenge on those droids. He knew it was absolutely wrong to leave you but he wanted to win this battle for you. Anakin ran back into battle, leaving you to be transported back to the Venator.

When you were on the transport back, it was nearly there, but then it was hit by a bomber. "We've lost engines!" A clone informed as he tried to regain control the transport. "We need to bring the Commander back to the Ventador!" The co-pilot clone yelled over the failing engines. "Sir! We're being tractor-beamed into the Separatist dreadnought!" The co-pilot yelled. He was fearful, he knew you were going to be taken and the pilots would be killed. Soon, the transport was sitting in the dreadnought hanger and was surrounded by droids. "Save the Commander." The pilot said as he grabbed his blaster, the co-pilot following orders. But before he could he tried getting a signal in to Anakin and Obi-Wan.

"We've been over- We need assistance! In the dreadn- Help!" Was all that came through in the transmission sent to Obi-Wan and Anakin. "Their signal is being blocked. But it's the transport." Obi-Wan said as Ahsoka stood by his side. They had defeated the reinforcements that had been called in earlier and were pushing to the Separatist's breaking point. "We need to go help them!" Anakin demanded as he brought a balled fist to his open palm. Obi-Wan sighed in defeat as he shook his head, he knew he couldn't stop Anakin. "Go, Anakin, go help your padawan." He ordered and at that command, Anakin was already in his speeder, on his way to save you.

When you came to, your vision was hazy, and there was ringing in your ears. You groaned in pain. So much pain. You looked around, you were upright but you were restrained to the table. As you looked around you noticed the walls were black, and there was a dim light hanging over you. As you tried to pull on the restraints a blast door opened behind you. You stiffened up as you felt a familiar presence enter the room. "So you have decided to return." The rough voice called out with a familiar, horrendous cough following the comment. "Not by choice." You said through gritted teeth as General Grievous appeared before you. "So you've grown." Grievous said as he examined you. You showed a sign of disgust as you retorted, "And you've become more repulsive since the last time we met."

Grievous growled at your comment. "A fine addition your lightsaber has made to my collection." Grievous laughed with a cough following as he showed you your lightsaber in one of his cape pockets. "It won't be there for long." You shot back and Grievous laughed again and left the room. You pressed your head back against the cold metal. You couldn't put up this tough act for long. You were already in so much pain, and you were drained, physically and mentally. You closed your eyes as the light was beginning to give you a headache, or maybe it was because you were in pain perhaps even the mixture of both.

"Ani, I need your help." You called out softly as your consciousness faded away again.