Chapter 13

When you arrived back at the Venator you immediately rushed to the medical section. You entered the wing to be met by a medical droid. "Anakin Skywalker, what room is he in?" You asked frantically. "He is in C-12." The droid informed. You rushed to his room and saw him lying on a pure white bed. His head was bandaged and he was connected to various amounts of medical machines. "Anakin." You said out of breath. He looked so fragile, so pale, so weak. You walked up to his bed and he turned his head. When he opened his eyes a familiar hopeful spark appeared in his ocean blue orbs. "Hey, I thought I told you to go back to the field." He said, wanting to sound angry but failing. You gave a sad smile, "We won, it's okay now. The people of this planet are safe." You informed him. He held up his hand and you gently grabbed his hand. His grip was much stronger than you expected. 

"And I am alive because of you." He smiled at you and your cheeks heated up, "You would have done the same for me, Master." You said and Anakin lifted up an eyebrow. "Well I'm not so sure..." He said and you gasped, earning a light chuckle from him. "I'm kidding Y/N, I will always protect you." Anakin said as he tightened his grip on your hand. You couldn't help the heat that rose to your cheeks and you smiled. "Thank you, Ani." You said and you saw the smile on his face spread. 

You then heard the blast door open and you let go of Anakin's hand to turn around. Obi-Wan entered the room. "I'm glad to see you're alive." Obi-Wan said as he smiled and walked up to you and Anakin. "If it weren't for Y/N I don't think I would be." He said and Obi-Wan looked at you. "It appears that way, and she is much stronger than any of the council thought. Which is why they'd like to speak with you Y/N." Obi-Wan said and you looked at him with raised eyebrows. "May I wait until Master Skywalker is better? So he may attend with me. He is my Master after all." You plead and Obi-Wan sighed and nodded. "I suppose so, make a quick recovery Anakin." Obi-Wan joked as he left the room. You turned around to face Anakin again.

"What do you think they want to talk to me about?" You asked Anakin as you both walked to the council meeting room. "I don't know. But I sense it's about the courageous thing you did back there, by saving me." He said and you rolled your eyes. "As I've said before, Master, you would have done the same for me." 

A few days later, the two of you reached the destined room, all of the council members filled the room, you silently stood before them. "Welcome, padawan Y/N. Thank you for attending." Master Windu said and you bowed. "Of course, Master Windu." You said respectfully.

"We have come to the understanding that you abandoned your fleet, but for good cause. You saved Master Skywalker, and it seems as if with extreme strength." Master Windu said. "We believe you are strong enough to join bigger battles with your Master." Master Ki Mundi explained and you smiled, "We've gotten word the Separatists are launching a full scale attack on Geonosis again. We need you and Skywalker to head there immediately so they do not reclaim the factory." Master Windu explained and you bowed. "Yes Master, we will head there now." You said and you were excused.

Anakin had that look again. That look of fear and anger. "Anakin." You said as you looked at him. "I can feel your fear. You don't need to worry over me." You said as you stopped and so did he. Anakin let out a sigh as he avoided looking at you. "I can't help but worry about you Y/N. I fear that one day you will overestimate your powers and it will be your downfall." He said and you shook your head. 

You gently grabbed his hand like you did in the hospital a few weeks ago. "Ani, I'm not going anywhere okay? I'm going to be by your side as we fight this war. As we fight for peace to return to the galaxy once more." You smiled up at him. He looked down at you and he smiled. Your heart skipped a beat at his smile which made your cheeks flush. "Y/N, I've been meaning to tell you-" Anakin was interrupted by C3PO. "Sir, you and your padawan are being awaited on by Captain Rex so you may leave for Geonosis." Anakin growled and turned around. "Thank you. C3PO." He said through gritted teeth. "You're very welcome." C3PO said cheerfully, unaware of Anakin's angry tone.

"We should get going." You said and Anakin sighed but nodded in agreement.