Chapter 15

The next day was the day the Separatists were to attack. As you prepared for battle you kept avoiding Anakin.

Soon Anakin and yourself, along with the 501st was huddled around a holotable, you had no choice to be near him since it was the briefing. Anakin was setting a course for attack and he was explaining his plan. Which was a reckless plan to you but that was just the norm for Anakin.

Once the briefing was done everyone split up into their groups, explaining to lower class squadrons what the plan was.  "You remember the plan, stick with me the whole time. You understand?" Anakin said as he approached you and you rolled your eyes. "Where else would I be?" You saw Obi-Wan approach as Anakin's face hardened at your snarky comment.

You were thankful that Obi-Wan intervened. "Greetings, Master." You said and Obi-Wan smiled in acknowledgement. "You've gone over the briefing I assume?" He asked and Anakin nodded. You soon saw Ahsoka walk up next to Obi-Wan. "Hello Master Skywalker, Y/N." She said and you smiled at her. "Let's get on the move people!" Anakin yelled, his voice filled with dominance.

Soon your team and yourself were on a path. Anakin was beside you and there was an AT-AE behind your group. "We're getting close. Be prepared." Anakin announced and suddenly you heard something from above. It was multiple Separatist dreadnoughts that had just come out of lightspeed. The Venator that had already created a blockade began to fire at the ships, the unsuspecting enemy's ship began to explode a lot more than one with its shields on. Then, gigantic spheric ships began to descend from the ships, surpassing the Venator and into the atmosphere. The AT-AEs' were in position and were ready to fire on Anakin's command. Anakin held up a hand as he had his com-link on. "Wait... Wait..." The spheric ships descended closer and closer to the surface of the planet. "Now!" Anakin yelled and bright blue beams shot at the large spheres. It appeared the ships tried to take off again but failed as they began to explode and quickly fall to the surface. "Put on your protective gear!" Anakin yelled at you.

By this he meant goggles, so the sand wouldn't get in your eyes. You did as you were told and put on your goggles. The sandstorm came fast and without warning. Your skin felt as if it were being hit by a bunch of tiny little pins all at once. You heard Anakin's com-link go off and you saw the little light appear in the storm. You walked closer to Anakin and grasped onto him. He was trying to get ahold of someone but the communication was being cut off by the storm. Anakin put a protective hand on the small of your back and pulled you against him out of instinct. "We need to get out of this storm so I can get a transmission!" Anakin yelled over the roars of the sandstorm. 

You followed his guide as he also signaled the other clones with a light. Soon Anakin found his way to a small cave in a large mountain-side. He then began to tap his com-link to try to get it to work. "It's jammed.. Stupid sand." He groaned, "We'll have to wait until this passes. There's no way I can get this working." He said, you'd even tried you com-link but it didn't work. The other clones said that the signal wasn't strong enough because of the cave all of you were in.

"We'll find a way. With patience." You said and the clones nodded in agreement. Anakin huffed, "Oh yes of course, because that solves every solution." You glared at Anakin but paid him no mind. Soon the winds began to quiet down. When it did you and the other clones walked out of the clones, Anakin in the tail end of the squad. "Hey, the storm has calmed. I'm sure we can- oh no." You said as you saw something in the distance.

"What? What is it?" Anakin asked as he pushed past clones to get to the front. You pointed forward, and in the distance was a large army of droids. "Oh bantha blaster." Anakin cursed. "Rex call for reinforcements." You ordered Rex which he obliged. "This is Captain Rex, we require reinforcements, we see a large droid army." He said and then you heard Mace Windu's familiar voice. "We were trying to inform Master Skywalker of their arrival but we assumed it was the sand storm that was blocking your transmission." Windu said.

"Yes sir, the General's and Commander's com-links are stuffed up with the sand." Rex informed Master Windu. "Reinforcements are on there way. Regroup with Obi-Wan's team. Switch to the other channel to keep in touch with Captain Cody." Windu said and Rex replied with a simple, "Yes sir." After a few minutes of Rex communicating with Cody, your group decided to fall back to regroup.

"I see Obi-Wan." You pointed outwards as you walked forward a few meters more. "Reinforcements are on there way. Although how long it will take is unknown." You told Obi-Wan and he nodded as he stroked his beard in thought. "I think our best action is to take the high ground, and stay undercover." Obi-Wan said as he looked up. There were ledges that pointed outwards enough to walk on them. "Up we go then." You added as you looked up.

Soon enough all of you were on top of where you and Obi-Wan had originally seen the ledges. The marching of the droid army was as well loud, the sound was echoing off of the canyon walls. To you, it was much more terrifying. If the droids were to spot you, you all would be wiped out in a second, especially with the limited men you had. The plan wasn't meant to bring a large army to the battle. The attack was supposed to be hard and swift with little to no casualties. But now, since the dust storm, you hadn't seen the droids land. A flaw in the plan that was too easily overlooked. "They're getting too close to the factory." Anakin said and you nodded. "We can only wait for reinforcements. But we won't let them get there." You said, trying to reassure Anakin as best as you could. You knew he was losing hope and patience. To Anakin, you were his rock. The one he could depend on to be there at all times. You were his comforter, the one who would reassure him, even if you weren't so confident yourself. And in return, he was your protector, he would always save you from danger, until his last breath.

"Hey wait a minute." You began, "Those droids don't have tanks or any heavy armor. If one squad takes the back and another with the front maybe we can halt their march to the factory." You said and Ahsoka interjected. "But they will send reinforcements. They'll know of out location." She said and you nodded.

"Well if we can get reinforcements here in time to counter theirs, we can push their defenses to the end. They'll have nowhere to run." You strategized. "She's right. Cody, inform Master Windu of out plan." Obi-Wan ordered and Cody nodded. Soon when the droid army was right before you, Anakin and yourself along with the 501st jumped down in front of the army while Obi-Wan and Ahsoka jumped down with the 212th in the tail end of the droid army.

You ignited your lightsaber just as Anakin had and you deflected the blaster shots that came at you immediately. You were easily able to fight through the first line of droids, as it progressed, however, it seemed to get worse. There were many more than you had seen. But nonetheless you kept on fighting. Soon you saw Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. When you defeated the last dozen of droids you tucked away your unopened lightsaber. Breathlessly from fighting you said,

"Let's hope they called reinforcements." Anakin added, "Let's hope ours will arrive on time." And you nodded in agreement as you looked up at him.