Chapter 14

When you arrived at Geonosis it was dark, and quiet. Apparently the attack wasn't until the next rotation. So you and other clone troopers were setting up blockades and resource sections on Geonosis. A camp was set up for yourself and the clones.

Large mountains surrounded you and the clones. You were in a canyon setting, it was quite peaceful, other than the fact that you were preparing for a large war that could make or break the Republic. You placed down one of the last resource crates and dusted your hands off. This Genosian sand was getting everywhere and it was very irritating.

You walked up to Anakin as he stood by a fire built by himself and Captain Rex. "I finished moving the supplies." You informed him and Anakin turned to look at you. As you looked up at him, as you were busy trying to get the annoying sand off of your hand, your heart seemed to skip a beat. You had never seen Anakin in this lighting. It was.. Strange, how you felt about your mentor, did all padawans feel this way or was it just you? "Well done, myself, Captain Rex and the 501st are going on a scouting trip. Would you want to come along?" He asked and you nodded. "Y-Yeah sure thing." You said as you avoided looking at him. "Is everything alright?" Anakin asked and you inhaled sharply. "Yes, everything is perfectly fine. We should get going so we don't keep them waiting." You said as you turned on your heel to go meet with Captain Rex and his squad.

You walked alongside Rex as the rest of the men trailed behind you, including Anakin. You knew, however, he was just talking with some of the clone troopers as usual. "Rex, have you seen anything?" Anakin asked a little loudly and Rex replied with a simple 'no'.

Although you were sensing something, you couldn't quite tell what it was. You only assumed your senses were being messed with since you were on a planet you had never been to before. You continued to walk until there was a split in the canyon. "I think we should split up. We'll cover more ground." You shared your idea and Anakin nodded in agreement. He sent Rex with you along with Echo, Hardcase, Jesse, and a few other clones you'd never met before.

You and your squad walked down the canyon and you looked around, the clones had their lights on their guns active. Soon you and your squad came to a dead end. "Well everything seems clear. Go ahead and Tell Anakin we're clear." You told Rex and he nodded.

As he was informing Anakin that your squad was clear you sensed something again, it was closer this time. "Wait." You said as you put a hand on your lightsaber. Rex looked at you as you looked around. Suddenly buzzing and screaming was heard. It was coming from the sky and when the clones shone their lights upwards what looked like giant bugs descended from the sky.

"Geonosians!" Rex shouted and the clones began to shoot at the Geonosians. You pulled out your lightsaber but just as you did it was knocked out of your hand by a Geonosian that had knocked you down. You tried pushing it away as it was on top of you. It was trying to eat you or something. You heard Rex call out, "Not clear! Not clear!" He must have been informing Anakin.

You used one hand to keep the Geonosian bug off of you as you used your other hand to reach out for your lightsaber with the Force. Once it flew to you, you ignited it, the color of the saber reflected off of the bug, making it look uglier than before. You quickly cut into it, killing it. You jumped up and into action. There were hundreds of these odd bug look alikes. Your team was outmatched but you wouldn't let that thought creep into your mind as you swung your lightsaber, killing a path of Geonosians. But they just kept coming, surrounding your whole squad and blocking the only exit out of the canyon.

Then, blaster fire came from the otherside of the large blockade of the bugs. It was Anakin and his team. Soon enough the large swarm was defeated and you ran to Anakin. "Uh, we'll head back to the campsite sir." Rex informed him. Anakin nodded but seemed somewhat angry. "I knew we shouldn't have split up." Anakin said angrily as he folded his arms. "Well it's under control now. Plus we know that there are Geonosians here." You defended your earlier idea. 

"That was a lot to risk! If our squads got caught up and something happened to all of you then-" You cut him off and pointed angrily. "But it didn't! And now we know more about what all is on this desert planet along with the fact that it's going to be safer for our troops!" Anakin's face grimaced at you point but he stood his ground. "And what would I have done if I lost you, Rex, and our other faithful men huh? That would have been on me." He said and you folded your arms. "What? What would be on you Skywalker? Guilt, or blame?" You asked as you sneered. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go see if the squad is alright." You said, shoving past Anakin. 

Oh how you would never cease to be infuriated with Anakin Skywalker.