California?!

Sierra's P.O.V.

I looked at myself in the mirror. There I saw myself. But then again, it wasn't me. I was seeing a girl with my face and hair, but not my personality. I was looking at a totally different girl. And all I could think of was: How did she get this way? But I already knew the answer. I became this when he left. When the boy I loved left me with no warning, no contact, nothing. He was just gone. His parents managed to tell me he went to California. After that I burst into tears. I lived in New York! He was half way across the country. Aiden, the boy I'd grown to love was gone and wouldn't talk me. No phone calls, no letters, no texts, nothing. 

But that was 5 years ago. Back then, I was a girl who wanted her own life. Her own dreams. But now? All I wanted was to get over with life. I didn't want to die, but I didn't want to live either. So I just did what everybody else told me to do. I became thinner. To be honest, I didn't care about what I looked like anymore. I didn't see the point. But with this life I have, the way the public sees me, I have too. I put effort into my appearance and keep a fake face on. I began doing whatever my parents asked to keep my life interesting. After all, nothing was fun anymore. The worst change came when I started believing the media.  The good and especially the bad. I don't know how it happened. Before I could always lean on Aiden for help. But now he's gone, and I can't do anything. 

"Sierra, are you ready? Guests are starting to arrive!" I laughed, but it was humorless. My mom was throwing a party for me. A party because I finally found a job and was getting out of the house. A job the media said I should do, but she didn't know that. 

"I'll be down in a minute!" I called right back down. I picked up my heels and slipped them on. I looked in the mirror once more. Still the same blonde hair, blue eyed girl was looking back at me. I sighed and rushed downstairs. 

"Oh darling, you look amazing! Now come, Sarah and Michael want to see you." Sarah and Michael were Aiden's parents. Unlike Aiden, his parents stayed though they don't know why he left. 

"Oh my goodness Sierra you look stunning! I can't believe how grown up you are." Sarah told me. I plastered a fake smile on my face and hugged her, but I felt nothing. Kind words didn't do a lot for me. Not now. 

"Thank you so much. It feels good to finally get a job." I told them. 

"Well, I have huge news darling." My father stated as he came next to my mom. They were so cute and they reminded me of everything I lost. "I just got off a phone call with your manager." Dad had made sure that everything we plan had to go through him. At least right now. Once I had everything under control, I was in charge.

     "And?" I asked him, getting excited. 

     "Your first shoot is in California!" My mouth dropped. 

Ca-ca- California?! How? That was on the other side of the country! And the place Aiden was in! Granted, I most likely won't see him, but still! 

     "California? Are you serious." I asked, still not believing him. 

     "Dead serious. Now let's party!" 

I laughed and went to grab a glass of champagne. My parents had a room and didn't know what to do with it so they turned it into a party/ballroom. I took a sip and felt the bubbles go down my throat. I walked back to the party room and saw my mom dancing with my dad. They looked so in love, like nothing could get between them. It was beautiful to me. Just perfect. But it also boiled my insides. 

     "Such a lovely couple aren't they?" I turned around and saw Sarah staring at my parents. I smiled at her. 

     "Totally. It's funny  how much you could love someone. It's refreshing though. To know that it's real. Sometimes I doubt it, but one look at them," I gestured to my parents, "I know it's real."

     "You're right. It's good to know that you were once like that. With Aiden." 

I  blushed and and stared at the ground, "Well, that was a different time. A time when I thought he loved me back." I wouldn't let the tears fall. 

     "He did. And I bet he still does." She encouraged. 

I shook my head, "Aiden left me with no warning and hasn't even made an effort to reach out to me in 5 years. One day, we're watching a movie and the next he's in California. No one really knows why he left, but everyone knows he hasn't kept in touch with anyone for 5 years." 

Sarah looked at me, sympathy in her eyes. "It's okay to feel that way, but just know that he did love you. Every time he came home from spending a day with you, he had a dreamy look in his eyes. He was floating and dancing and spinning in circles with joy. Aiden loved you and there has to be a reason he left." And with that Sarah walked away to her husband. I smiled at them and wondered: Why Aiden? Why did you leave me?

*****
     "I think that's everything. You sure I should do this?" I asked my parents. I just finished packing and was getting in the limo to go to the private jet. I was scared to leave my home. I'd been there for 22 years for Christ's sake! 

     "Yes, we're positive. You've spent your whole life here. It's time you get out there and see the world for yourself," I smiled and hugged my mom. 

     "Where's Rick?" I asked. Rick was my brother who was older than me by a year. 

     "Right here, Crazy." I turned and gasped. My brother stood there by his car as he looked at me. Crazy was his nickname for me ever since we were little. I ran up and hugged him. "It's okay Si. If you need anything you know who to call." He told me. 

     "Not you. You're too busy these days. With work and wedding plans," I said. Rick rolled his eyes and patted me on the back. 

     "I'll always make time for you Sierra. You have to know that. I'm not him. Remember to call me though. I don't want my sister to forget me." 

     "Please Rick. I'll never forget you. Especially when you were the one who held me while I cried about Aiden." He softened and hugged me once more. 

     "See you soon, hopefully. Don't be stupid in California." I smiled and nodded. 

     "It's time darling." My mom said to me. I nodded again and walked away from Rick. I got in the limo and the driver drove me to the private jet. Once we arrived I grabbed my carry-on and stared at the jet. I sighed and walked up and into the jet. It was simple enough for me, but still cool. I sat down in a seat and stared out the window. Just a few hours and I'd be in California. Let's just say I was a teeny bit excited.

Ok this was fun to write. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter so stay tuned for more! See you soon!
~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 😀