She Hated Me

Sierra's P.O.V.

     "Sierra come on! We have to talk. You said we would but now you won't!" Aiden yelled as I ran away from him up to my room. It was late and very few people were here. Aiden followed after me, running up the stairs trying to catch me. I ran to my room but Aiden caught up to me before I could get in. "Please Sierra. We have to talk about this." I glared at him.
     "Oh so now you want to talk?" I asked sarcastically glaring at him. My gaze was cold as I kept it on him.
     "What are you talking about? Yes I want to talk to you. It's been 5 years since I've seen you. Why do you have a problem with that?"
     "Oh I don't know, maybe because you left me without warning! You just disappeared. You never called, wrote, or anything. One day we are watching a movie. The next? You are in fucking California!" Aiden sighed. He took my key card to my room and used it to bring both of us in my room.
     "Look I'm sorry alright? Is that what you want? An apology? I've been busy and I didn't have time-" I cut him off
     "Oh yeah sure. For 5 years you were so busy. You didn't have one free moment to call in 5 years! You just left Aiden! You gave no explanation and just disappeared from my life and everyone else's back at home. Hell, you never even called your parents! Why Aiden? Why did you leave and never contact me or anyone?"
     "Because I was tired of my life there! Everyone wanted me to do what they wanted! They never asked me what I liked! What I wanted! I had to leave! But I couldn't tell you. I just didn't want to disappoint you."
     "Aiden, leaving me without warning and never calling me disappoints me. You telling me would have made me so much happier. I wanted what's best for, and if leaving was what was best, then I would have been happy. But leaving me? With no warning? That sucks. It just sucks Aiden. Because for years, I had no one. No one to lean on to. You were that person. For 5 years I thought you hated me. And now you are back. You know what? I'm done explaining myself. Just go." I turned away and heard Aiden sigh.
      "For what it's worth, I am sorry. I wanted to call you. And I don't hate you. I never did and I never will." Then the door shut. As soon as I heard to door shut I fell to the ground sobbing. No. He wasn't back. The Aiden I knew wasn't this Aiden. The Aiden I knew was crazy, a trouble maker, but kind and generous all the same. That Aiden was gone. Now the Aiden was a man who left me and hurt me more than ever. One who never contacted me for 5 years.

                                                                         *****
Aiden's P.O.V.

   "AHHH!" I threw a vase to the wall. It crashed and shattered into pieces causing a loud noise. She hated me. The girl I loved with all my heart, hated me, when all I wanted was for her to love me back. I was stupid. I thought leaving her without a word was the right decision but of course it wasn't. Of course she thought I hated her.
   I thought back to when I was talking to her, right outside her door. She was unrecognizable. The Sierra I remembered was always kind and patient and never stopped smiling. This Sierra was angry, and glaring at me. She was pissed and I knew it. But I noticed something else. The Sierra I knew wanted her own path. She wanted to decide what she would do. Who she would be. And she never wanted to model. She had always liked designing clothes and making them. She hated modeling.
   But here she was. Super thin, wearing something she never would, and doing something she didn't want. That was weird. Weirder than anything I know. I just couldn't take my mind off of it. I could understand her anymore. I didn't know her. I knew a different Sierra. Suddenly there was a knock at the door.
     "Aiden? Are you ok in there?" It was Adam. My manager.
     "Um yeah. Can you actually come in? We have to talk." Adam was much older than me, a father practically. I would always ask him for advice. Adam came in, and uncertain look on his face.
     "What's wrong Aiden? I saw you looking at Miss Wilson. What's going on between you two?" I sighed and fiddled with my fingers.
     "I love her. It's just, I have known her for 17 years. Until I left her. I told you before I used to live in New York. Well she did too. We were always close. Ever since we met. But then, 5 years ago, I left her and everyone there to fulfill my dream. I never told anyone why I left and I never contacted my family or her or my friends. I loved her and I still do, but she thought I hated her and now she hates me for leaving with no warning and never contacting her. I can't stand the thought of her hating me." I started to cry and Adam came next to me and hugged me.
     "I understand. And once some time passes I'm sure she will understand as well. Just give the girl some time to realize that you don't hate her and that all you wanted was to fulfill your dream and not someone else's. But you also have to understand where she's coming from. Imagine if you were 18 and she just disappeared and never contacted you. Imagine hearing that she was half way across the country when just yesterday she was in your arms. She was hurt. Badly too. Just give it time and I'm sure all will work out."
     "I really fucked up by leaving her, didn't I? I should have told her. I should have visited. I should have at least called. But I didn't. I just excluded myself from her life and my family's." Adam rubbed my back.
     "You did the right thing by leaving, but yes maybe visiting or at least calling would have helped you." I nodded and looked at Adam.
     "Thank you. I can't tell you how good it feels to lean on someone again."
     "Did you do this with Sierra? But both ways. She leaned on you and you leaned on her?" I smiled and nodded. I had always felt amazing when I was the one Sierra went to for comfort. I felt like it was my job to protect her. To make sure she was ok. "Well I have to go to bed. Will you be alright?" I nodded again and Adam left.
   That night, I went to bed thinking of Sierra. Reminding myself of everything we did together. Of how she protected me from her father when I put her in danger. Of how she would always hold me when she was scared and would cry on my shoulder when she was upset with life and the media. And especially when she would hold my hand and when we would intertwine our fingers when we went somewhere or was scared. No matter what, we would always hold hands. At least, until I left her.

There's that. I hope you enjoyed this chapter and this new perspective. Have a great week or weekend. I love you all! Bye!
~Marissa-Meyer-Fan 😉