Chapter 3 : Friends?

"ყσu ωคหт тσ Ъε...... мყ ƒя¡εหd?"

It's been a few minutes since Tanjiro and Fuyumi met each other. Currently they are enjoying some ohagi while listening to both sensei talking.

"Oh Urokodaki, it's been quite a long time. How have you been these years of retirement?"

"Fine, I have been training some pupils, but none survived the final selection expect one."

" That's quite the misfortune but you are training this young fellow, aren't you?"

" Yes I am. He has a keen sense of smell like me and he has a strong determination to become a demon slayer to save a certain someone. "

" What a stouthearted Boy. I have been training this one here. She's strong one as well although she doesn't talk a lot. "

                       Fuyumi's POV

Mirai-sama has been talking about an hour. Its really boring around here.

I look around and notice the burgundy haired boy. What was his name again? Ah right, Kamado Tanjiro. He didn't seem like to be bored about their conversation. He had his smile on his face since he met me.

'Wow. Maybe he's a good listener' I thought.

I'm the complete opposite of him. I don't enjoy this. At all. It wasn't interesting or entertaining. I decided to leave.

"Pardon me for my disturbing, but may I head out please?" I asked in a respectful tone.

" Of course you can." said Mirai.

I excused myself and went out of the house.

I was thinking I should go. After a few minutes, I thought of a place which I go often after training.

                        Tanjiro's POV

Fuyumi-san just went out. I wondered where she was heading to. I had a feeling in my stomach that tells me to follow her. So I also went out and started to find her.

It was pretty snowy outside so I had some trouble finding her. Luckily, back at the mountain Urokodaki and I was much more thinner that it is here. So I memorised Fuyumi's scent.

I followed her scent all the way through the snowy mountain. I found myself near a cliff and Fuyumi was sitting there.

I ran over to her and put my hands on her shoulders. She flinched at the touch of my hands out of nowhere.

"Sorry for startling you Fuyumi-san, I just wondered where you went." I said apologetically.

" It's alright, I just didn't think someone would find me here." said Fuyumi.

"Alright then,do you want me to accompany you?" I asked her.

"Sure go ahead." she gave me a close eyed smile which made me blush a little.

I sat down beside her admiring the moon. But I wanted to get to know her. She looked really quiet like she didn't wanted to talk just now so I said nothing but flash her a bright smile. I decided to start a conversation with her.

" Neh Fuyumi-san, how did you meet Sasayuki-san?" I asked curiously.

"I met her when my parents were killed by a demon a year ago. She took me in and raised me as her own. She taught me all techniques of her breath  style and trained me."she said with her eyelids were halfway closed. Once she stopped her mouth formed a thin line.

I realised that I must have reminded her about her deceased parents. I felt guilty so I changed the topic.

" Um hey you said Sasayuki-san, taught you her breath style, so what is your breath style?"

"I use Breath of Winter. I only managed to masterred five style. There is still three more styles I have yet to master ."

"Wow, then you must be really amazing Fuyumi-san. I haven't even master a single breath yet. I guess I just don't understand the ways of Urokodaki-san." I said scratching the back of my head.

"I'm sure, you'll get better soon enough. I wish you the best of luck Tanjiro-kun." she said.

                         Fuyumi's POV

I didn't know to say anymore. It was getting more awkward. I mean Tanjiro is a kind person. I'm sure he probably thinks I'm weird right now.

Then he asked me.

"Is it lonely here?"

I looked at him slightly curious why he would me ask me this kind of question. But I answered him anyway.

"Yes, yes it does. It is a bit lonely here nowadays. Since I was little, I had no friends. People think I'm creepy because I was related to my family. My parents were known as the " Evil Wanderers". My parents liked to travel around Japan. But some says they were unusual cause of my father's eyes once changed its color to red for unclear reasons. So the people think I'm part of them and thought I was a monster too. Just like them. "

" Kids would bully me, make fun of me, call me a monster, beat me up for fun. I hated the outside world. People were cruel to my family so I stopped talking to everyone except for my beloved parents. They were the only ones I would ever treasure . And now...... They disappeared from my life ."

I didn't know why I wanted to say this. I wanted to let my tears out yet I sustained them from coming out of my eyes. I didn't wanted to seem weak in his eyes.I wanted to be strong. Stronger than anyone else would ever be. Prove to them that they were wrong about me. But I couldn't help it. After the incident, I never wanted to mention about this to anyone but for some reason, Tanjiro-kun. . He made me felt like. Like........

Like I could trust him with my secrets.

Tanjiro looked at me with sympathy in his eyes. He pulled me into a hug. I was flabbergasted by his sudden behaviour. Honestly, I thought he would judge me like every outsider would.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened to you Fuyumi. You don't have to worry anymore."

" Because starting from this very day"

" I'll be your friend."

Random Facts ( - _ - )

1) Tanjiro pities Fuyumi very much after her explanation.

2) Tanjiro was staring dreamily at Fuyumi the entire time. <3

3) This chapter took me 1034 words. So hope you enjoy it.