Chapter 5: It's Time...

Final selection.

The thing that she has been awaiting for this entire time.

All the training was going to prove useful in it.

All her sweat and time.

She wasn't going to die this time nor ever will she fail. She was going to survive.

No matter what it takes.

She's endured all the challenges that rushed in her way. She finally strong enough.
                                 ___

She was currently getting ready to set off. She wore a white kimono that only reach to her knees. The kimono had some flowers imprinted and the outlines were golden. An red obi surrounded her waist. She also wore a high red stocking that reached over her knees. It has gold stripes imprinted on the crimson stockings.

She tied her hair into a neat braid with a white ribbon and placed it on her left shoulder. A white, pink tsumami kanzashi clipped on the left side to keep her bangs from falling. She wore her geta and stepped out of her room.

She took the blade that her master had given her. It was turquoise color that shines like an blue ocean. She stored the blade on her black belt.

Her master took a great look at her.
She was proud of her pupil. Though part of her wished that she didn't had to go. She was afraid to lose her like all her other pupils that did not survive in the selection.

But what could she do about it? Both of them knew there was nothing stopping her. Even if you send a thousand demons to hunt her down, she wouldn't stop. She'll just keep on going as long as she's alive.

"Are you sure you're ready for this?" her master said.

"Yes, I'm sure. I worked hard for this and I want to prove myself in order to be deemed worthy enough to call myself a part of the Demon Hunters." She exclaimed.

" Alright then. If that is what you chase for. Then I will send you off now."

Mirai stood up and walked over to Fuyumi. She placed both her hands on her shoulders and said

" Come back in one peace. I'll be waiting for you for arrival. Now go. "

The girl nodded and opened the wooden door. She stepped out and started walking. As she was starting to dissappear out of Mirai's vision.

Mirai heard a shout. It sounded like melodic to her ears. Her brown eyes brimming with tears. A small smile appeared on the woman's face as she walked back in the house.

" I promise I'll come back home safely, Oka-san!"

Small facts:

1) Oka-san means mother <3

2)Fuyumi saw Mirai as her second mother though the reason why she called her mother now is because she was extremely shy before.