Chapter 7: Demons

Previously

" Fuyumi-san, do you want to team up together? " he asked.

" Sure, I don't see why not." she replied.

Tanjiro immediately pulled her hand into his hands and set off to the forest.

____

" Oh Kami, please protect Fuyumi and bless her with good luck so that she would survive."

Her master Mirai clapped her hands together and prayed for her dear student.

                          ________

S w u s h. . .

Fast footsteps could be heard through out the forest as Tanjiro and Fuyumi were speeding in the forest.

'Seven days. That's all I will think about. I have to protect Fuyumi and myself', Tanjiro thought.

Tanjiro held Fuyumi's hand as he duck behind a large rock.

'First, we're going to survive. Once the sun rises, the demons will be unable to come out. We could get some rest before night comes. We gotta head east. Where the sun hits first.'

Tanjiro immediately stood up again and pulled Fuyumi with him as he starts running again.

Fuyumi just followed his lead without hesitation.

Out of the blue, a faint demon scent reached to the both of them. Tanjiro let go of Fuyumi's hand and placed his hand on his katana handle.

"Fuyumi, stay behind me." He said.

Fuyumi obeyed but wasn't going to stand back from a fight. She had to at least defend.

Both of them were on guard as they looked around the gloomy area. They were facing back to back. The presence of demons were all around.

They couldn't pinpoint their exact location.

But the demon decided to show himself as he jumped to the sky and dash towards his prey.

Tanjiro immediately jumped to the left while Fuyumi dodged to the right.

The smoke dissolved and revealed an ugly looking demon. While another one appeared behind Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, behind you!" Fuyumi exclaimed.

Tanjiro turned around and pulled out his katana and successfully countered its attack. The impact was enough to send Tanjiro a few meters away.

"Dammit, don't even try to take my prey, man!" demon 1 shouted at demon 2.

"Get off my turf!"

"What's wrong with you. Beat it won't you!"

The demons started to fight for their prey.

Tanjiro and Fuyumi looked at each other and nodded.

The demons instantly darted towards them.

Tanjiro jumped away while Fuyumi used her katana to slice the Demon's hand that was trying to get her.

Then, the demons came rushing towards them once again, attempting to end both slayers.

"It's been ages since I had a scrumptious feast!" Demon 2 screamed.

Both slayers caught each others eye and nodded.

'Total concentration breathing'

'Water breathing'

'Winter breathing'

They took in all the air as they did.

'I see the scent of the thread!'

" Water breathing, Fourth form: Striking Tide!"

Water formed on Tanjiro's blade as he cut through Demon 1's neck. A flow of water following behind and faded as he land.

"Winter breathing, Third form: Snowflake Beam!"

Fuyumi jumped up high as some snow appeared on the tip of her blade. She fall down, taking her stance and slice the demons at his neck and abdomen.

Fuyumi landed on the ground and panted heavily. She stared at her katana.

'I did it... My first demon. Mirai-sama, can you feel this. I killed my first demon, are you proud?' Fuyumi thought with pride knowing all her training did not come to a waste.

She sheathed her katana and watched as Tanjiro clasped his hands together and prayed for the demons.

Suddenly, a disgusting rotten smell made into his nose. He winced and covered his nose.

"What's this rotten smell, can you smell it too Fuyumi?" He asked as he kept a disgusted look.

"No, but I can sense something big -"
She was cut off by a scream that pierced through the air.

"I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR THIS!! "