Chapter 4 : Secret Revealed

"I'll be your friend."

A few months have past through time. The young Fuyumi had befriended the kind boy Tanjiro...well its more like he befriended her first.

The girl had slowly bonded with the sweet boy after his confrontation. They became great friends as Tanjiro managed to crack her out of her 'emotionless' shell.

He would often visit her on the mou tain to keep her company. He would tell her stories about his family like how his younger siblings always wants to accompany him to the village to sell charcoal. But as long as their still young children, their parents wouldn't let them go and get frozen to death.

Besides, he even trusted her enough to tell Fuyumi that his sister was a demon and the main reason he wanted to be a demon slayer. To find the culprit that turned her sister into a bloodthirsty demon, Kibutsuji Muzan. The same demon that slaughtered the young girl's parents.

At first, Fuyumi was flabbergasted by what he told her.

'His sister was a demon, then why wasn't she killed. Was his mentor protecting his sister as well?' was the first thing she thought as soon as he told her. When she was about to protest, he decided to tell her the entire story before she could reason with him.

Flashback

"Fuyumi-san, I want to tell you something important. But please do not freak out or hate me after this, Please?" said Tanjiro. He was sweating in his palms, he was afraid that Fuyumi would dislike him after what he decided to tell her.

Fuyumi looked at him questionably and simply just nodded,wanting him to continue. She didn't want to force him to spit out what he wants to say, she wants him to trust her just as much as she did, after all he was the only other person she could trust.

"So um, this uh I don't know how to say this..." he stuttered.

He took a deep breath and blurted out

"mysisterisademonandiwantedtofindacureforhersoitrainedtobecomeademonslayerimsorryifyoudislikethisitsokaytodumpmeifyouwant"

"Um, okay?" clearly still processing what he just said.

Then it clicked.

Demon?
His sister is a demon?

The girl loathed demons. They are nothing but bloodthirsty monsters who devour humans as their food source.

But...

Looking at Tanjiro,
He seemed nervous about it yet quite sure about this. He knew that Fuyumi might not be able to take in all this news.

He was fiddling with his fingers, looking down on the floor, sweating profusely.

But that wasn't the point, all the news about his demon sister made her a bit cornered. She had no idea what to do.

There was only two options-

Accept it

Or

Deny it

She had to choose one...

But which?

She hated demons but there was the cute red-haired boy.

She thought for a while and said

"It's okay, I won't hate you or unfriend you Tanjiro. I'll even help you find a cure for your sister."

"Re- really?! You don't hate me?!"

"Oh thank you so much Fuyumi, I couldn't thank you enough for this!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. His high pitched voice could break her ears in a second.

"It's my pleasure, Tanjiro-kun. You don't have to worry too much about it."

He hugged her tightly and said...

"Thank you Fuyumi. You're really the most reliable friend I could ever have."

Flashback ends

Those words really did warmed her heart by a thousand. She couldn't ask for more. It was the least she could do to repay him as a friend.

But most importantly....

They trusted each other more than anyone could ever imagine.

And this was what reassured the girl most.

Random facts

1)The author wanted to put this chapter to show how much the two's relationship brought them enough trust to let Tanjiro reveal this secret.

2)Honestly, Fuyumi thought that Tanjiro didn't have to be so nervous about this as he kept stuttering even after that.

3) Both senseis had been sneakily watching the two from afar.