A confession

Commander Erwin and Captain Levi watched the two chained up titan shifters in silence. Akira's hands have already fully regrown and it took major convincing to keep Hange out of the room.

Akira was the first to awake. Her sea green eyes fluttered open as the memories of what had happened came flooding back. She shot upwards as if she had been shot and looked over her hands in a frenzied panic before taking a deep breath and calming down. Her face immediately became stoic as her gaze shifted to her commanding officers.

" I'm guessing that you have a few questions. I will try to answer them to the best of my ability."

The blonde commander held up a familiar key. "Let's talk about your home. Specifically the basement belonging to your Father. Pretty big secret down there, right? About the titans."

The cadet nodded in response. "Yes, that is how I understood it."

"What a coincidence that your dad and your memories have gone missing in action around the same time. Unless, of course, that's a cover story." Levi's grey eyes narrowed at Akira and she tried to straighten her posture.

"Enough, Levi. We've already been over this . They have no reason to lie."

"My dad isn't missing. He's dead." The girl's words no longer had the same calm unreadable tone. Now they seemed cold and bitter.

"My condolences. How about you shed a little light for me about you and your brother's intentions."

"That's what the court case will be about, yes?"

The Commander glanced at Levi before back to the cadet.

"How did you know about that?"

"The power Eren and I posses could easily tip the fate of humanity itself. I would be really surprised if it wasn't discussed by the higher ups. After all, they do have a big decision to make."

"I see why you were the top of your class."

The Captain let out an annoyed huff. "That doesn't answer the question."

She tossed him a soft smile. "No. I don't suppose it does. My intentions are simple: protect my brother. He wants to join the survey corps, and I can't stop him. But I can join him. You'll see. He's what you might call determined. I call it stupid, but hey what do I know?"

"Hmm well played."

"Thank you. There is more you need to know about our powers and our backstories if you plan to win the court case." Her black hair fell into her face as she glanced down, blocking those eyes that seemed familiar to the Captain.

Flashback:

The three Jaeger's stood outside as the rain pored around them.

"Don't worry, I think you'll like Mikasa. She's so sweet." Eren let out a huff at his older sister.

"Akira, I need you to take Eren to the foot of the mountain. Hurry!"

"Ok, Papa!" Grabbing her brother's hand, she lead him into the woods.

"Wait, we need to help her!"

"I know Eren, but we'll die without a plan." Bending down by a rock, the girl started to swish the mud around until she found what she was searching for. A knife.

"Ok, Eren. I need you to hide this and go to the door. Say you're lost. Can you do that?"

"Yes."

The older Jaeger nodded and pushed a strand of wet hair behind her ear.

"I'll be right around the corner if you need anything."

She rushed behind the door as the first man fell dead.

"Eren, hell me tie the knife to the broom." As the door opened again, Akira charged forwards with the homemade spear.

She kept going until he stopped moving altogether. Off to the side, the younger Jaeger attempted to comfort the girl.

"There were three of them." Akira gasped and made a lunge for the broom, managing to hit the man with the stick before being thrown to the other side of the room. The man stepped on her chest and pinned her brother to the wall.

End flashback:

"You might want to look into a triple homicide on the outskirts of Shiganshina."

"I'm afraid I don't understand. What does a homicide have to do with..."

"Just trust me Commander. When it comes up in the courtroom, I want you to tell them that I take full responsibility for what happened."

"What was the other thing? Come on, brat, we don't have all day."

"Eren and I got our powers two days after the fall of Shiganshina because of something our Father did to us."

(Happy thanksgiving)