Broken

When Levi finally got a good look at the body he was carrying, he thought he was to late. His chest constricted painfully as his eyes scanned her limp, broken form. There's almost no way she's alive.

Akira's back was clearly broken in three, maybe four places. She obviously had a collapsed lung and a practically crushed rib cage. Her upper right thigh also appeared to be broken, or at the very least fractured. But the thing that scared him the most was her eyes. They were both half open and glazed over slightly.

It wasn't until she spoke that the heavy weight of loss lift slightly. The young woman's eyes closed and she nuzzled her face into his chest. "L-Levi...I can't feel my legs."

A wave of selfish relief washed over him. She's alive, thank god. "Oi, shitty glasses, get over here! She's alive!" His eyes scanned her body. It's probably a good thing she can't feel her pain right now. Besides, she'll heal, right?

Setting her down, a ghost of a smile worked its way onto his face as he wiped the Titan saliva and blood off of her face. "You'll be alright. See, you're doing the smoky thingy already. Like I said, it's like a lizard losing its tail." Did I just compare her to a lizard? Again?

Akira let out a weak laugh as Hange got to work. "God, I have a whole new respect for lizards now."

Erwin frowned as he surveyed the scene in front of him. They weren't supposed to get hurt. His eyes narrowed at the sight of Levi... smiling. Smirking to himself slightly, he shook his head. But maybe it was for the best. Maybe Levi'll realize he likes her. Erwin nearly rolled his eyes at the very thought. No...he'll probably ignore his feelings. I bet she'll make the first move.

Levi brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Thank you...for saving Petra."

Akira shifted slightly, looking around. And sure enough, there was Petra. Shooken up, but perfectly fine in the end. A small smile worked its way onto her face. "Oh...I thought I was to late."

Hange grinned wildly. "Nope, just on time! It's fascinating how quickly you've begun to heal!"

Akira eyed her. She trusted the scientist, but she most certainly did not trust the gleam in their eyes...or maybe that was just Hange's glasses. It was hard to tell when you could barely move.

As if he had sensed the girl's discomfort, Levi scowled at the Squad leader. "Are you done?"

Hange rolled their eyes as they started to stand up, only to be stopped by Akira. "Wait, you should probably put a brace on Levi's ankle, I think it's broken."

The Captain flushed slightly. He couldn't tell if he was more touched about the fact that she noticed or annoyed that he had to listen to his friend run their mouth.

The two sat in an awkward silence until Hange left to help someone else.

Levi's silver eyes scanned the girl lying limply in his lap. He had never seen the ocean...but he imagined it would look like her eyes. A mixture of blues and greens that seemed to be bottomless. She's beautiful.

"Akira, it's admirable how you hold everyone's lives before your own, but I need you to be careful. You'll get yourself killed." Akira went to protest before being cut off, all feeling gone from Levi's voice. "That's an order Jaeger."

"Yes sir."

Smiling fondly [or at least, Akira thought he was smiling] , he removed his cloak and wrapped it around her. "Get some sleep. Your job is done."