Gardener x Acrobat

(I'll tell you the truth never seen anyone ship these two before but this really made me be somewhat creative so hopefully enjoy! And don't forget to leave a star if you enjoyed.)

Emma's POV

'Ah another lovely day in the garden.'

I smiled to myself as I looked around the trees and flowers, very well taken care of thanks to me. My thoughts were interrupted by the new survivor stumbling into the area. It was the actobat, Mike.

"Good morning Emma! " he said cheerfully. He seems very happy all the time. Though, I suppose I'm not one to criticize that.

"Morning Mike! What brings you to the garden today?"

He seemed a bit nervous at my question.

"Well, you see... I was wondering if you could help me? I haven't been here long and since you're one of the veterans, I thought that maybe you could help! Haha.. "

He laughed it off as some casual talk, but I could tell he was struggling to get along. Most in the Manor could be quite rude at times. Especially the fancier ones.

"Of course Mike! Follow me!"

No one's POV

It took the entire day for the tour around the Manor. Emma easily striked up a conversation with the residents and Mike would take part in it. It made the Acrobat feel comfortable around the gardener, the same went for her.

It was now night, past midnight perhaps. Time wasn't a very important thing in the mysterious Manor that trapped them. They were both at the garden, reliving the good memories and sharing some of their pasts.

Mike surprised Emma with his talents and Emma eagerly tried to learn a few. Frequently, both could be found at the garden, having fun as if the world around them wasn't in ruins.

After a few matches with each other in them, their teamwork seemed to grow a lot. Mike was a good distraction and Emma could easily dismantle the chairs. It didn't take long until something else started to grow between the two.

It took some courage, but Mike decided he would share his feelings towards Emma.

Eli and Emily were helping him as much as they could. Eli helped him to know what to say and how to behave like a gentleman. Emily told Mike some sweet details of being romantic and what Emma would love for a dinner night.

At 7 pm, the Acrobat headed to the garden, knowing her favorite place was the fountain, where they had met. He had a box of sweets and a different attire than his usual clothes, making him look like a movie star.

Emma was calmly sitting on the spot after being told by Emily that her friend wanted to see her. What she didn't understand was why she had to wear a prettier dress.

Mike's POV

'Alright. This is my chance. Just like Eli said.'

I stepped out into the garden, box hidden behind my back as I walked towards Emma. I tapped on her shoulder to call her attention, to which she seemed surprised at my clothes.

"Hello Emma."

"Hello Mike. Did you want to see me?"

I nodded with a smile, clearing my throat before I began to speak.

"Well, I was wondering if you would like to go out with me? On a date, I mean."

I brought forward the box I had, revealing the words ontop. 'I love you' in my cursive. Cheesy, perhaps, done before, likely. But it has thought into it.

She looked between me and the box a few times, making my confidence drop to the floor. I didn't let it show, of course, but I needed to think. And fast.

"It's perfectly fine if you don't, haha. I'd understand-"

"Yes."

"Huh?"

I was taken aback by her words, and as sudden as she replied, she jumped onto me for a hug. I hugged back after my head processed what was happening.

"So.. Does this mean... You.. "

"Yes Mike. I love you too."

She smiled brightly at me and we shared an enthusiastic kiss. It was hard to focus since I couldn't stop giggling in excitement.