Mercenary X Forward

(Note: the small little back-story is that Naib went to study in another school, a military one, but it got closed down so he went back to studying with William and the others after a couple of years.)

William's POV

"That was the most dangerous thing you could do you idiot!"

Naib yelled at me in the locker room, to which I only chuckled in response. "Hey we won! Why does it matter?"

"Because you could've gotten hurt!"

"Oh my god, just marry already!" Servais interrupted our talk with the usual marriage line. I never thought much about it since it could end up annoying how often me and Naib had arguments.

Naib, on the other hand, glared knifes at him. He was a lot more sensitive to these kinds of jokes. "Mind your damn business you stupid trickster."

Servais rolled his eyes, never phazed with threats. "Whatever go date or something." And with that, he left before any of us could do anything. He was a slippery guy.

I smiled at Naib, trying to change the subject. "So how about we walk on the park after school?" I nudged on his arm, but it didn't seem to work.

Naib sighed and grabbed his bag, shoving mine into my arms "Whatever. Let's just go eat something..." He put his hood back up and we both walked out of the locker room.

Since it was our last period, we got to leave and chose a place to have lunch at. I kept trying to spark up a conversation, but Naib was pretty unresponsive to anything. He almost barely even touched his meat. Which... is worrying.

I decided to take us both to the park after all, more actually, deag him to the park. We both laid down under some trees to relax. Sometimes the birds would land nearby and I noticed Naib staring at them.

Suddenly, he spoke up.

"Hey... William?" His voice was somewhat quiet. He even sounded unsure.

"Yes Naib?" I looked at him with a smile, finding out he was looking at me as well.

"Remember what that asshole said?"

I had to pause for a moment to figure what he was referring to.

"You mean Servais? About the whole dating thing?"

"Yeah.."

"What about it?"

"..."

He fell quiet again, making me worry. He avoided looking at me in the eyes, so I had to move to face him.

"Naib? What's wrong?"

He took a deep breath, looking dead serious.

"William... I... I want to..."

He stumbled over his words, and I took the chance to reassure him. "Hey, it's alright buddy. You can tell me anything. I promise I won't be weirded out. Unless you tell me you want to be a unicorn."

He seemed taken aback by my words, but chuckled nonetheless. At the very least, I made him smile!

"No, it's not that. I just... I really like you. A lot. And I... wanted to know if you... Want to be with.. Me?"

He looked away as he finished talking, and it took me more than a minute to process what he said. I was taken back to reality when I heard shuffling, noticing Naib was getting up to leave.

Quickly,I grabbed onto his arm, making him look at me in shock. I wasted no time in placing a kiss on his lips,to which he returned after a moment.

When we pulled away, he seemed happy, but a bit confused.

"So..you.."

"Yes Naib. I love you too."