Together (5)

Stiles' eyes opened but quickly shut due to the unexpected brightness. He was awake. Stiles moved his body slowly. He was back to reality.

"Brother!" Someone yelled.

"He's waking up!" Another voice yelled.

"Stop....yelling," Stiles grumbled.

"Are you ok?" Stiles opened his eyes to see Bruce, Nat, and Thor.

"I'm fine," Stiles stood to his feet. "What happened? How long was I out?"

"An hour," Steve answered. An hour? Stiles felt like he was asleep for years.

"All our work is gone!" Banner reported. The group walked down to the lab where Bruce was.

"Ultron cleared out. Used the internet as an escape hatch," Bruce reported.

"He's been in everything," Nat said. "Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

"How fun," Stiles mumbled.

"He's in your files. He's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asks.

"Nuclear codes," Stiles said.

"We need to make some calls," Rhodey said. "If we still can."

"He said he wanted us dead," Nat said.

"He didn't say dead," Cap said. "He said extinct."

"He said he killed somebody," Clint said.

"Jarvis," Tony showed the remains of Jarvis.

"Jarvis was the first line of defense," Cap said. "He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense."

"This isn't strategy, this is rage," Thundering footsteps grabbed the team's attention. Thor marched over to Tony and grabbed his throat.

"Woah, Woah, Woah!" Rhodey exclaimed.

"It's going around," Clint said making Stiles chuckle.

"Use your words, buddy," Tony struggled.

"I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark," Thor threatened.

"Thor!" Cap exclaimed. "The legionnaire?"

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles North," Thor put Tony down. "And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again." Thor looked over to his brother. Stiles nodded, knowing exactly what his brother was thinking. He tried to focus on the tesseract. He closed his eyes to attempt and block the world but had no luck. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he was hurt. His head still spun from what Ultron did. Laughter broke Stiles out of his head. Tony's laugh.

"You think this is funny?" Thor asked.

"No?" Tony asked. "It's probably not. Right? This is very terrible." Stiles bites his lip, trying not to give away his amusement.

"This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand," Thor says, immediately getting Tony defensive.

"No," Tony walks up to Thor. "I'm sorry, it is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this."

"Tony," Bruce warns. "This might not be the time-"

"Really?" Tony turns back around. "That's it? You just roll over and show your belly."

"Only when I've created a murder bot," Stiles looks down to hide his smile.

"Did you find the tesseract?" Thor whispers to Stiles.

"No," Stiles said, trying to pull himself together from Bruce's comment. "I can't focus."

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?" Tony's comment grabbed Stiles' attention.

"Pretty sure Stiles did that, Tony," Rhodey said.

"A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all live long day but that up there, that's the endgame." Tony said. "How were you guys planning on beating them?"

"Together," Steve replies.

"We'll lose," Tony says.

"Then we'll do that together too," Steve replies. Stiles walks out while Steve gives orders.

Hello.

I'm not talking to you.

Please, let me-

What? Explain? You don't get to explain. You left! Both of you left! You stopped talking when I needed you most! My brother died! And you two left! You said you'd always be there! Well, you weren't. So. Stop. Talking.

Tesseract. T? That's your new nickname by the way. I can still feel you. So, you can still hear me. I'm sure you know where you are and it would be a hell of a lot easier if you would tell me. So, please.

Stiles waited but didn't get a reply. He stayed awake all night, hoping he would get some sort of response but he got nothing. Nothing but silence. Stiles hated silence.