육 : Secret's Out

December 19, 2019
Bangtan Dorm
Seoul, South Korea
3:00pm 

It has been two weeks ever since Seokjin celebrated his birthday. Today, the hyungs are in a conversation about personal feelings about the current situation and there was Park Jimin, alone in his shared room with Hoseok, wondering what's happening to everyone since Taehyung and Jeongguk are always together and the hyungs just zoning them out. Jimin thought that it was very very strange to zone out his fellow maknaes out of the group, 'I wonder what's going on? It has been like this ever since Jin avoided the two and the hyungs sided with him, I better ask them about this.' Jimin went out of his room and hearing the conversation, 

"I hope that the time we have left would make you happy, Hyung." Hoseok said in gloom while smiling sadly. "Don't worry Hoseok, I'll be fine somehow." Seokjin comforted. 

'What does this mean? Is Jin-hyung leaving?' Jimin asks himself on his mind and decided to knock on the room, "Coming!" Namjoon said and opens the door seeing Jimin in a serious face.

"Jimin, what's the matter?" Seokjin asks kindly at the dongsaeng as Jimin came in and closed the door. 

"Hyungs," Jimin said in a serious tone, "Please tell me what's going on. I heard the conversation clearly about this." He adds worryingly his eyes almost tearing up, 

" He adds worryingly his eyes almost tearing up, 

"You've heard us?" Yoongi exclaims quietly. The smallest dongsaeng nodded as he diverted to Seokjin and Hoseok. "Well, if you truly want to know Jiminie," Namjoon pats at his shoulder and faces him seriously, "You should not tell this to both Taehyung and Jeongguk." He finished. Jimin nodded, "I won't." 

"You see," Hoseok sighed and looks at Seokjin in worry, Seokjin realize his word from his emotions and nodded at him as a sign of granted permission. "Jin-hyung has hanahaki disease." Hoseok finally reveals to the dongsaeng. "We knew about this when he had blood on his mouth last month. We found out that his disease is for..." Hoseok tears up a bit, Namjoon comforted him by rubbing his back as Yoongi continues, "For Taehyung. But he is committed to Jeongguk." 

"We asked the doctor what will happen to him, he said that the only ways are if Taehyung reciprocates his feelings for Jin-hyung or Jin-hyung takes the operation. This was supposed to be a fictional disease but it is proved to be non fictional through Jin-hyung in this condition." Yoongi explains seriously. "By the time we went to the doctor without you three knowing about this is the decision that Jin-hyung needs to make. But he decided not to undergo the operation and we respected his own decision for it." Namjoon sighs in worry as he tries not to tear up. "That's why Jin-hyung has only two and half weeks to live as of now." Namjoon continues. 

"Jin-hyung... But why?" Jimin asks gently. 

"Jiminie, The time that I have with all of you is crucial to me and I am happy and contented with it right now. I just want to see Taehyung happy with someone who can look at him the same way he does. And that I cannot do because my love for him is only unrequited. I am sorry that I haven't told you this. His own happiness is more important than mine so I decided to let go and move on. That's why I decided not to undergo the operation." Seokjin held his hand and smiles while his tears fell from his eyes to his face. 

"Jin-hyung!!" Jimin gives him a hug and cries, "I'm so sorry hyung! I didn't know that you we're suffering this much." 

"It's alright, Jiminie. I'll be fine. For now I need to focus on my own time with you guys, Sojung and Lisa." Seokjin rubs his back to calm him down. "I promise to give you the best time you'll ever have, hyung." Jimin vows to him while hugging him tighter, "I know you will, Jiminie." Seokjin sighs in relief as the other hyungs gave Seokjin a group hug as they know that they will spend a lot of time together even if Taehyung and Jeongguk don't realize it yet and tearing up as well. "We're going to be fine." Seokjin assured them and comfort his crying dongsaengs. 

...

As three hours has passed, The five decided to cook dinner and keep this secret to themselves and preventing from Taehyung and Jeongguk knowing about this chaos. Meanwhile, The door opened as they saw the couple walking towards the living room as they see their hyungs making dinner. "Hello hyungs!" The couple said to them happily, "Hello you two." Namjoon greeted back at them. Then Taehyung diverted to Seokjin cheerfully, "Hello Jin-hyung how have you been?" The dongsaeng asks him but Seokjin kept on focusing on cooking. "Not now, Taehyung-ah."

"Aww man!" Taehyung pouts and walks to the couch to watch TV with Jeongguk.

Seokjin sighed at the couple who are watching gameplays of Overwatch in YouTube. Meanwhile Jimin looked at the sight and approached the oldest hyung; He looks at him in concern mumbling, 'We'll be alright hyung. We'll get through this together.' The oldest hyung smiled at his dongsaeng at hugs him, 'We'll be fine.'

Seokjin released the hug and continued cooking as Jimin was checking up on him and felt something was about to happen to his lungs. "Jiminie, I'll just take a break at the bathroom. take care of the dish for me." He handed him the spatula and ran as fast as he could to his room and locks it. He went to the bathroom afterwards and locked it as well. He spat out blood and purple flower petals on the jar beside the sink. It was getting worse than it usually is with him after that having a head ache and almost blurry vision. He shooks his head vastly and looked again as his vision was back to normal and saw himself on the mirror with a blood drip on his lip. 'It's getting even worse than before.' Seokjin said to himself and wiped the blood using his hand and washed it with alongside his mouth. He then again felt the hurt as his tears were streaming on his face. 

He would always wonder, what would happen to his last moments of his own life and soul fading away from this earth sooner. Right now, he needs to make it up for the time he has left for his friends, Lisa and Sojung. 

He just hopes that...

Once he is gone, He'll disappear without any regret. 

Even if it hurts him.

He just wanted to see Taehyung happy.

Happy without him.