Gold

The sun caught onto Clary's red curls, shooting it through with strands of gold, testing Jace's patience, his desire to tangle his fingers in it.

She looked beautiful- her hair was up in an elaborate bun, no doubt Isabelle's doing, and her dress was catching all the rays of sunlight; it seemed to glow.

It was gold, as per shadowhunter custom, had a low cut that Jace definitely approved of, and spread out slightly at her hips, hugging her every curve, making it look like she actually had curves.

Jace didn't look too bad either, if he didn't say so himself. He had managed not to discard his tie in the nearby bushes, and the gold suit Magnus had forcibly shoved into his hands was doing good things for his complexion, according to Isabelle. Clary had laughed, and said everything did good things for his complexion.

Having saved the entire Nephilim race, they weren't forced by the Clave to have their wedding in Idris, and instead were having it in the clearing between the bushes, where Jace had proposed.

"The ducks aren't here," Jace said approvingly.

"I wish they were," Isabelle said wistfully. Alec agreed.

Jace put a hand on his heart in mock hurt. "Betrayed, by my own parabatai!"

"Parabatai? More like I was born to babysit your cocky Herondale ass." Alec said.

Clary ruffled Jace's hair affectionately. "Don't worry. I'm on your side."

"That's good to know," Jace said, leaning in.

Isabelle made a disgusted face, dragging Alec away. "Let's go watch Simon and the band play,"

Jace laughed, his lips inches from hers. "I looked up nearby farms that sell pet chickens last night,"

~~~~

Church waltzed through the table legs, ignoring all the stupid humans.

The weird one with the glasses was holding the pretty girl's hand. Church wished she would find some other mate.

Chairman Meow was gnawing on one of the presents; Church decided to join him, having had enough of trying to steal one of the pies.

Chairman Meow and Church discussed their plans to overthrow the idiotic humans in cat language for a bit, until the glittery warlock thing picked up Chairman Meow to do some performance thing.

Church decided to play dead, hoping for some attention, when something caught his eye. It had black hair, and was holding the hand of what's-her-name (Church couldn't be bothered to remember), it was-

"Jem!" Church meowed, running as fast as his little cat legs would carry him.

Jem picked him up, stroking gently the spot in between his ears. Church purred in pleasure, ignoring the jealous looks from Chairman Meow, who was dancing around in glitter.

The human in the big golden dress said something in human language to Jem, and Church hissed at her. Jem was his!

~~~~

Jace held Clary gently as they danced slowly to Lily's piano music. Soft, melodic notes filled the air as the shadowhunters of New York waltzed around the clearing.

Clary swiped a bit of the icing off the wedding cake as they passed the table. Jace laughed softly, pulling her towards the trees, away from prying eyes, and Magnus.

"I'll be right back," Jace said.

Clary fiddled with the Herondale ring on her finger, nervous. What was Jace doing?

Jace cam back with a "Do not enter!!" sign, attaching it to a tree.

Clary raised an eyebrow.

Jace gestured to Magnus, as if no more explanation was required.

They danced and kissed and watched the sun go down, until they lost track of time and forgot to see if anyone had noticed their absence yet.

"What-"

"You didn't really think we wouldn't go here because of a sign, did you?" Isabelle said, her hands on her hips.

"What's with the double exclamation marks?" Simon inquired, looking at the sign.

"It's to ward off double idiots," Jace said warily.

Magnus came, mercifully glitter-less, with Alec on his arm.

~~~~

Clary and Jace huddled together in the blanket, careful not to crease Clary's dress.

"I love you," Jace said, resting his head on Clary's shoulder.

She kissed his cheek in return. "I love you too."