Veritable piles of Mangoes

The wind howled through the street, lifting up the leaves that spiralled around them, annoying Clary to death.

"Argh!" She screwed up the piece of paper and throwing it onto the ground with such force that scared even Jace.

"Everything okay?" Jace asked, resting his head lightly on her shoulder.

She could feel his hot breath on her cheek; it smelled vaguely of coffee, and turned around to face him. Rays of sunlight caught the flecks in his eyes, turning them a rich caramel colour. She caught a wisp of his hair, twirling it around her finger.

"Mm-hmm," She pulled him onto the seat next to her.

He cocked an eyebrow. "You just-"

Her lips came smashing onto his. His gasp of surprise quickly turned into moans of pleasure; he scooted closer, wrapping his arms around her, not even feeling the snow that came crashing down on them; all that mattered was Clary, Clary, Clary.

Jace tossed her woollen beanie the same colour as the snow away impatiently, tangling his fingers in her soft, ruby hair.

"Maybe we should- Maybe we should go inside," Clary mumbled. The snow was really cold, and Jace's arms weren't offering much protection against the wind.

They heard a soft chuckle, looking up to see an amused Luke. Again.

"Good Morning," Jace said hastily, untangling his fingers from Clary, who was bright red.

"Afternoon," Luke corrected. "Jocelyn wants to see you. Both of you."

Clary bit her lip, a distressing picture of Jocelyn lunging for Jace, yielding the cooking spoon of vengeance, revenge for knocking up her daughter. "Okay,"

~~~~

The lavender onsie went in the trolley, along with the pink and blue ones, and the adorable Winnie the Pooh suit.

"I think this is a bit much," Clary said, gazing down at the shopping cart full of baby clothes uncertainly.

"Of course not!" Jocelyn cried, tossing in another few packets of fluffy socks for the baby.

Jace fidgeted uncomfortably in his sweater, eyes flickering to food court. Clary could not help but place a gentle butterfly kiss on his cheek.

He smiled at her, before something behind her caught his eye.

"Now this," He said, holding out the mini badass leather jacket made for babies that looked suspiciously like his gear jacket. "Is what I'm talking about."

"No," Jocelyn said, snatching it out of his hands, and placing it back on the shelf.

Clary laughed at Jace's expression, following her mother down the aisles of endless torture called shopping...

~~~~

Jace held up the jar of blueberry jam up, eyeing it warily. "I don't like this one. It doesn't look trustworthy,

"This one on the other hand," He continued, picking up the peanut butter. "This one is worthy of me."

Clary rolled her eyes. "It's just a sandwich, Jace,"

"But it's my sandwich. That changes everything." He said as if this were completely obvious.

Clary laughed. "Of course."

He smiled, about to reply, when he opened the fridge and widened his eyes at the contents. "There's no mangoes left!"

"But there's raspberries," Clary pointed out. "I like raspberries."

Jace turned to her, his eyes crinkling at the ends with his smile. "Then I like raspberries too. But someone ate my veritable mountains of mangoes."

Clary laughed softly into her tea.

"What?" Jace asked, turning the fridge upside-down in his search for mangoes.

"I love you," She whispered.

Jace walked slowly over to her, his eyes suddenly soft, apparently temporarily oblivious to the absence of his mangoes.

"I love you more," He said, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Oh, not this game," Clary said, inching her lips closer to his. "But if you insist..."