Friendly Sibling Banter

A/N:

I just realized this story has 1k reads and... wow! Thankyou all so much, for all the votes, comments, everything, it means so much to me! Every one of you is special and amazing and, again, thankyou!

You all inspire me.

~~~~

Clary closed her eyes, relishing the feeling of sunlight against her face. The wind was temporarily at bay, and it was nice not to have sand and hair blowing all over her face for once. As if from a distance, she heard Isabelle and Simon splashing around in the ocean, but everything faded away when she heard Jace's voice in her ear.

"The beach was a good idea," He said. "A little cold, but the sun's out."

Clary nodded. "Magnus didn't wear his glittery swimsuit, too."

A few people around them were noticing Clary's obviously pregnant belly, but quickly averted their eyes at the murderous glares from Jace. Their runes were glamoured, a last minute decision after Alec brought out the picnic basket.

Jace's eyes widened suddenly, and Clary looked around to see what caused it, her eyes landing on Simon, who was laughing hysterically with Isabelle, holding his tiny duck floater.

"N-no," He said, scrambling up the hill. "I think you need to stop this," His voice grew desperate and squeaky. "Alec! The duck's looking at me viciously! Save me from this hideous fate!"

Everyone around them laughed at Jace's distress, which only grew as Simon made his way up the sand to where Clary and Jace were sitting, duck floater in hand.

He laughed, "Don't worry, I'm only putting it away."

Alec waved a camera in the air. "Good thing I got the whole thing on tape."

Jace looked indignant. "It's not my fault! One more duck joke this week," He warned, jabbing a finger at Simon. "And I'll set your Star Wars action figures on fire," He didn't mention that he would never do that, having grown somewhat fond of the little glowing swords that Simon called Lightsabers.

Simon narrowed his eyes dangerously. "If you do that, I'll tell Isabelle you threw out her shiny dress."

Jace bit his lip. That would most likely be catastrophic.

"Then I could just magic it back for her." Magnus said, rolling his eyes and waving around a hand with blue sparks flying from it airily, quickly stopped by Alec hissing about the mundanes around them.

"Magic what back for who?" Isabelle appeared.

"No one-" Jace started.

"Magic your favourite shiny dress back after Jace shredded it into millions of tiny pieces and threw it in the bin, along with your seven inch stilettos," Simon said casually.

"JACE!" She screamed, tackling him down. She landed on top of him, shoving his face into the sand. Jace retaliated by grabbing a fistful of hair and pulling on it.

The whole beach looked away politely.

"I'd- never- do that-" Jace choked out between breaths.

Isabelle reluctantly let him go, giving him one final glare. "Touch it, and I'll kill you,"

"Friendly sibling banter," Clary reassured the old woman who was looking at them worriedly.

Jace spat out a mouthful of sand, rubbing his tongue ruefully.

Clary smiled. "At least that wasn't as bad as that match with my mom,"

Jace pouted in mock hurt. "Have some pity on this poor soul!"

"Oh, alright," Clary laughed, leaning in to kiss him. He parted her mouth with his tongue, and she tangled her fingers in his hair, making him moan.

"You're very generous," Jace said against her lips. She responded by kicking him lightly on the shin.

They finally pulled away to see a defiantly making out Alec and Magnus, ignoring the stares from everyone around them.

Jace smiled suddenly. "I'll be right back."

"Hey!" Simon said, glaring at Jace, who had just kicked apart his Grand Simon Sandcastle Masterpiece, with a No Jace's allowed sign attached.

~~~~

"That cereal was excellently poured, Simon." Jace said from the counter.

"Uh... Thankyou?" Simon said, looking at him strangely.

"I hope you really enjoy it," He continued. "You deserve to after all that hard swimming,"

Everyone stared at him, speechless.

Jace smiled."You look lovely today, Clary, and Magnus, that new glitter is amazing-"

"Okay, are you sick or something?" Isabelle asked. "You were just civil to Simon."

Jace smiled like an Angel at her. "I've actually realized I'm kind of cute when I'm nice. So I'm going to go around helping old ladies across the road and not stealing Simon's Star Wars movies for the whole year."

Simon snorted. "I'd like to see that."

"So would your Star Wars DVDs, especially the one that I accidentally spilled orange juice on." Jace winked.

Simon turned red and splutterd,  "Y-You- Poured orange juice on my DVD?!"

"I'll take that as my queue to leave," Jace said, running from the room.

Simon sprinted after him, only pausing to gently inform Maryse that she should want to stay in the kitchen for the remainder of this horrible, murderous day.

"Does anyone have any idea of what's going on?" She inquired while making her morning coffee.

Isabelle shook her head. "It's probably best if we stay in the kitchen for now,"

Clary heard a high pitched sound like shattering glass from the floor above her, and could only find herself in agreement.