The encounter Part 1

POV: Rafael

How could my father talk to me like that? In MY own meeting. "A irresponsible play boy".. The man was married to a 29 year old at age 72! Its fine. I just need to blow off some steam.. I really needed a drink.

Storming by all the rooms I started to think rapidly with rage. Every time I walk these halls I feel like a king, I feel like the world was in my hands, this was my hotel, this was my dream.. this was what I wanted... Right? Jesus, the old mans got me questioning everything.

I shook my head and rubbed my eyes with my thumb and index, resting my other hand in my pocket trying to forget about all this built up stress as I rode the elevator down to the lobby. I was about to make my way to the bar until something caught my eye. A... a waitress? The sun reflecting off her. It was like she was glowing. That's exactly what I needed right now!

"Thats one way to blow off some steam" I whispered to myself.

I made my way over to her as she made the table.

"Uh here, let me help you." I said grabbing the rag from her hand as I shot her a smile.

"Oh wow! uh thank you." she said a little shocked.

Its no problem I smiled, she had a cart next to her with all her supplies so I grabbed one of the spray bottles and sprayed down the granite and then continued to clean.

"Do you work here or something?" she asked running her fingers through her hair and out of her face.

"Yeah, you can say that." I smirked, kinda pleasantly surprised she didn't know me.

"Well.. Its pretty obvious you aren't a waiter, taking into consideration the suit and tie, so what is it you do, mystery man" She asked crossing her arms, smiling wide clearly amused by her comment

However I was stumped a bit by the question. In any other case scenario I would tell a beautiful waitress I own the marbela hotel, which would get her excited, tell her to take a break, buy her a drink, and then take her back to my pent house. There was something different about her though. The way she carried herself, she had this confidence about her. Something told me she wouldn't be that impressed.

"Uhm..i hesitated. "I am the manager" I managed to get out in one piece while I concentrated on cleaning her table.

Her eye brows furrowed with confusion

"Manager of...?" she trailed waiting for an answer

"Manager of...room decors." I smoothly made up with a sigh throwing the towel over my shoulder and standing up to hand her the spray bottle I had taken.

She leaned back with her arms folded. She squinted.

"Why are you lying to me" she asked calmly and confused.

I sighed, I placed the bottle on the table then put my hands in my pocket. I looked down at her. Did she know who I was? She looked up at me as if she was trying to figure something out. Honestly? Just looking at her I felt something. Deeper then what I had originally thought this would be.

"Jane come on! Whats taking so long! You told me you got my tables while I FaceTime Danny!" another waitress called out.

The waitress looked at her and then at me, I saw her gasp. Well she clearly knew who I was. I looked back at Jane, the waitress. She hadn't taken her eyes off me. I sensed some judgement. She stood her ground and damn it was sexy.

"Yeah im coming." she said, clearly distracted by her own thoughts. She grabbed her stuff

'Windex is a harsh abrasive and it breaks down the sealant in granite, we just use the rubbing alcohol' she informed me aggressively before walking away.

I laughed and shook my head with embarrassment. But then I remembered the way she looked at me.

"Jane." I whispered to myself. My heart skipped a beat. I looked down and shook my head. "Damn..I think I'm going soft." I thought to myself as I made my way back to the elevator.

Jane POV

I made my way into the locker room, still confused by the encounter I had. I felt my heart beating a little quicker then usual. Who could blame me though? That was by far the sexiest man I had ever seen, but god it was weird. Still... I felt something with that strange man I hadn't felt in a long time. He was odd but at least he started off smooth.. I laughed to myself

Suddenly I felt a tug on my arm and I was aggressively dragged into the girls bathroom

"BLAAHH" I beltched out almost falling over by the strength

It was my best friend Lina, her eyes were wider then the time I tried on a neon orange princess dress for my quinceanera.

"Damn those arm work outs for the wedding are paying off huh?" I said rubbing the arm she had almost ripped off my body

"Jane, what happened?!" she exclaimed with a bit of panic

"Well you pulled my arm out of socket thats what happened" I joked as I rolled my shoulder

she shook her head fast "No. no not that what happened with him?!" she cried out a little more anxious

I was concerned. Why was she freaking out over some guy talking to me? Was he one of her old flings I didn't know about?

"With who? The guy with the comically tight button down?" I said trying to break the tension

she nodded intensely.

I decided this wasn't the time to be a smart ass Lina seemed genuinely concerned.

"He helped me clean and I called him out for lying about working here nothing happened" I assured her.

"YOU DID WHAT?!" she yelled out

"WHAT?!" I yelled back feeling much more concerned

"Janey... that was Rafael Solano."

I looked at her with confusion, was that suppose to mean something?

"Jane, he owns the Marbela."

My heart instantly dropped.

Ok Chapter 1 is short and sweet. Sorry it's going a little slow right now but I promise it gets better! Thank you for taking notice in my writing things are about to get crazy so make sure to read on!