Chapter One ... Panic Attacks And Orgasms

POV

Avery

Love is strange, how you ask?

Love is strange, how you ask?... Well, for one thing, it puts you in the most life-changing situations, take me for example. Maybe six weeks before I ever stepped foot onto the Devil's Wolves territory. I was as innocent as anyone could be, I was also a nervous wreck. Let me explain... Growing up I was sociable, my twin brother Adam was always more of the dominant twin, I followed him everywhere.

Then on a regular Tuesday, my entire life changed. We lived on a rather nice farm, and I was outside riding my horse, it was something I did often, and the only thing I did without Adam. That day I was out way past the creek, Mama told me I wasn't supposed to go out that far. And Daddy commanded me not to, yet they always told me to be braver, break the rules from time to time. So that's what I called myself doing.

We lived in a very rural area, lots of woods and space, and I was out there with just my horse. I wasn't out there for more than ten minutes, sitting on the back of my Appaloosa, a grayish-white creature called Honey. I felt so free. The sun was shining through the trees and all was calm, but with a quiet crack of wood and a twitch of Honey's nose, my serenity was broken as my horse kicked up dirt. She was bred for speed, and she was using all of it to get away from something I hadn't yet seen.

When we broke from the woods and got to a familiar point, I was still scared but I felt safer, I started yelling for my dad, he was strong and not afraid of anything. As soon as my house came into view I screamed louder, the scream was snatched from my throat when I was plucked from the back of Honey. I was wrapped inside something warm for only a second, before tossing out into the dirt, ruining my new pants.

I was dizzy but unharmed, looking around I could see Honey running back to the house, she would be found an hour later shivering in the barn. Within seconds my heart seemed to stop in my chest. A golden brown wolf the size of a small horse stood before my young eyes.

My lungs became a cage and trapped my breath inside

My lungs became a cage and trapped my breath inside. The beast snarled softly when I backed up in fear, his bright brown eyes glaring at me, seeming to dare me to move. He crept towards me, as I started to have my first ever panic attack. After what felt like hours, and three hundred shallow breaths, I heard Adam calling my name. The wolf looked off, then back at me, seeming to contemplate his next move. The move, was a quick and sharp bite to my side, diagonal to my belly button.