Chapter Eight ... Setting Up A Meeting

POV
Avery

I woke up the morning after being punished, to Shawn yelling, he was frantically shaking me awake

I woke up the morning after being punished, to Shawn yelling, he was frantically shaking me awake. "Sunshine, get up! Your friends are outside, get up!" Shawn hollered. I sat up rubbing my eyes, "Huh?" I asked. "That human boy wants to see you, the girl in the infirmary is doing worse." He said, and without my control, I was moved, literally. I went from naked in bed, to dressed and at the bedroom door in an instant. "How?" Shawn asked me. "My reserves are growing," I answered and he gave me a look.

Racing out of the room, through the halls of the packhouse. "Wait up!" Shawn yelled, he caught up and grabbed my hand. "Last night. How are you feeling about it?" He asked. "I can't say I didn't like it. But that doesn't mean I'm just going to roll over for you on every little thing." I said, and he nodded. "I have no intention of controlling every facet of your life." He responded. We made our way in silence out front, Marius stood on the second portion of the deck front steps, he and Nikki looked over at Shawn and I, their eyes expectantly on me.

"Amber is doing worse, she's... Come on." Marius said, not being able to describe whatever Amber was going through.

# # #

We entered the infirmary, took the old-fashioned elevator downstairs, and went back towards Amber's room. As we were walking, Alice appeared beside me. She was only visible to me, and she appeared much clearer much more alive. Her clothes were colored and clearly tangible. ( I know the home of the one you seek) She said, floating beside me. Her voice inside my head. ( Can you go to her, ask her to meet with me?) I asked back, my friends and my mate had no idea. She nodded and vanished.

Up ahead of us, we heard Amber yelling, Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi!" She was screaming, it was way worse than the night before. We all sped up, entering the room to find Athena on top of Amber, while Doctor Beaks was sticking her with a needle. Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! Febli, sèvi! She screamed, her throat had to be raw. As her struggling slowed, Athena climbed off her and came towards us crying. "Sunshine, I'm going to check on A'mosh. The Luna is gone and I haven't seen A'mosh since late last night, Adam made me promise to make him eat, bathe." Shawn said excusing himself.

"As I was saying, Athena, the poison is close to being out of her system, she should be doing better, but... She isn't, her cells are necrotizing. She's dying but from what I can't say." Beaks said. Athena sobbed and fell into Marius. Beaks gave a sympathetic look, saying he wouldn't give up, then he headed out. "Athena, don't worry. We're gonna sell to that ... Witch. So this will all be over soon." I promised. We sat down, Athena trying to end her crying.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

POV
Shawn

POVShawn