Chapter Seven ... The First Attack And A Punishment

POV

Shawn

Avery was laying on my chest, we were reading about breeding periods, and how high our chances of conceiving were

Avery was laying on my chest, we were reading about breeding periods, and how high our chances of conceiving were. We were caught up In each other when Avery's cellphone rang, he reached across my chest and answered it and I waited. "What? Attacked where?! Yes ... Yes, I'm on my way!" He said, suddenly, frantically.

Everything that was going good with us, was unexpectedly pulled from us that afternoon. That phone call changed Avery, for the bad and for the good.

Avery's face broke up, tears welling in his eyes. He hung up his cellphone and turned to me. "I've gotta go." He said. I sat up asking, "Go where? What's going on?" He moved away from me, going over to our dresser and pulling out clothes. "Amber was attacked, by something... She's at the shop and I'm going to help." He said. I was up and out of the bed quickly. I grabbed his wrist pulling him into me.

"No, I can not let you go, if she was attacked that means danger, so no," I said, watching his expression. "I didn't exactly ask you. I'm going." He said. "Sunshine, with all due respect. You ain't leaving this house." I said. We gazed into each other's eyes, he was challenging me. Quickly something flashed in his eyes, the darkness in him.

The curtains shut swiftly, like some theatrical fantasy, the dimming out of the lights in the room, brought a chill in the room. Then there stood beside him a girl, her hair was dark and hung down in tight curls, her attire was melded into the shadows.

 Then there stood beside him a girl, her hair was dark and hung down in tight curls, her attire was melded into the shadows

"I'm going, Shawn," Avery said, his voice dangerously low. "No," I said, remaining calm, even as the shadow girl in the corner grew more realistic. "Then they'll come here,  come on, compromise." He pleaded, "There are over three hundred wolves on this territory, we can not risk those lives." I said. "Then I'm going." He spat, snatching away from me and dressing.  I moved to get to him but the girl finally moved, slamming into me. She grabbed my hands holding me against the wall. Avery dressed and left the room, I struggled with the girl but it was useless.